Need Help!!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Need Help!!

Post by wldspirit »

Information to write for record, but....

http://www.comuni.it./pbase/?IDcom=2106

guideline for requesting records...

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

wldspirit
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need Help!!

Post by jcsm400 »

rorosmom7 wrote:I forgot to ask........Is there any way that we might be able to get his birth certificate? Thanks for all of the help!
See wldspirit's post on page 1 with links to available films & where to write for records.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Need Help!!

Post by wldspirit »

Sorry... :oops: ....meant to finish that thought, and point out the records.....
minor emergency came up!!

Thanks Nonna J...... :)

wldspirit
User avatar
rorosmom7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 29 Nov 2006, 00:00

Re: Need Help!!

Post by rorosmom7 »

Hello, everyone! I don't have a date for the certificate #. But I have a Petiton #. Which is Petition #91. If that means anything. My grandma said he got naturalized in the 1940's. She wasn't sure of exact date. I'll look at the previous info wldspirit left. And see if I see anything. Thanks for all the help.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need Help!!

Post by jcsm400 »

wldspirit wrote:Sorry... :oops: ....meant to finish that thought, and point out the records.....
minor emergency came up!!

Thanks Nonna J...... :)

wldspirit
Welcome, Lisa.....No problem at all!

:) Nonna J
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
rorosmom7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 29 Nov 2006, 00:00

Re: Need Help!!

Post by rorosmom7 »

Can anyone tell me how to look up addresses from the early 1900's?
User avatar
rorosmom7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 29 Nov 2006, 00:00

Re: Need Help!!

Post by rorosmom7 »

If you can help let know and I will tell you the addresses.
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Need Help!!

Post by misbris »

Hi,
This is a long thread and somewhat dated. Can you give us the names and birthdates of those you need addresses for? Or do you have addresses, but want to know who lived there?

Mary Jo
User avatar
rorosmom7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 29 Nov 2006, 00:00

Re: Need Help!!

Post by rorosmom7 »

I was looking at some of the ship's manifest and noticed two address'. One was 727 S. 7th Philadelphia, PA and 707 S. 6th Philadelphia, PA. And I also noticed that several other people listed the same address. So, I was wondering if maybe this was a check in point or something.

And the names of the people I am looking for are: My ggfather Agazio Bressi(name was changed to Charles Holley Bush when he came to America) and any of his family. We know his father's name is Pasquale Bressi(maybe different spelling of one or both names) and his mother name is Teresa(may be spelled differently). I'm trying to get his Naturalization papers. And we were trying to see if we could may be track some of his family down here in the States. His father came a few times but not sure about his mother. From what we know this far, it doesn't look like she came over at all. But on the ship's manifest it said that he was going to a cousin's resident. So, we wanted to see if we could track any of them down to an address.

Thanks for your help. Anything is appreciated!
scarelli
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 15:43

Re: Need Help!!

Post by scarelli »

I'm noticing this address show up on my family as well as a few other people as well... I'm really curious what this place was...
User avatar
rorosmom7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 29 Nov 2006, 00:00

Re: Need Help!!

Post by rorosmom7 »

Does anyone know how or where I can get my great grandfather's birth certificate? And would he have to have his birth certificate to get his naturalization papers?
User avatar
rjmichaels
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: 22 Jan 2010, 07:40

Re: Need Help!!

Post by rjmichaels »

I did a quick search and found the following:

Birth record of Agazio Bressi, 22 March 1888, to Pasquale Bressi & Teresa Pacetta:

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o56 ... 14emvx.jpg

Caterina Brescia, born 1 August 1891:

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o56 ... m0kgmm.jpg
User avatar
rjmichaels
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: 22 Jan 2010, 07:40

Re: Need Help!!

Post by rjmichaels »

The records for Guardavalle are now online from 1866-1910 at familysearch.org:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,392290702#
User avatar
rjmichaels
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: 22 Jan 2010, 07:40

Re: Need Help!!

Post by rjmichaels »

This appears to be Agazio's parents's marriage (20 June 1886):

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o56 ... f5voqa.jpg

Direct link on familysearch:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,392293501
User avatar
rorosmom7
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 29 Nov 2006, 00:00

Re: Need Help!!

Post by rorosmom7 »

How can I get these translated?
Post Reply