Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
James Snavely
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 120
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by James Snavely »

Thank you Edward.

I have found a few more records, and I would like confirmation as to whether or not these are indeed the correct records

Upper right - Marriage of Antonino and Vincenza Narisi
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351246401

ALSO: I noticed their daughter is called Antonina on her daughter's marriage record and Maria Anna on her own, is this a mistake?

Upper left - Antonio and Angela Sciarinno
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351730801



Also, how can I go about verifying that the marriages of Giovanni Battista and Filippa Polizzi; and Giuseppe and Benedetta Lo Iocano that I found are indeed the correct marriages?
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by adelfio »

With these earlier records its very difficult because of the non use of wifes maiden name on the baptismal records trying to verify these marriage records

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
James Snavely
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 120
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by James Snavely »

Thank you

Are there any things I can do when I have a possible match to make it more likely that I have the correct one?

And can you please translate the Sciarinno marriage record?
User avatar
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master
Posts: 667
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 16:04
Location: Bagheria, Palermo, Sicily
Contact:

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

James Snavely wrote:can you please translate the Sciarinno marriage record?
Monreale, 6 Jun 1677.
Marriage record of:
Groom: Antonino Sciarrino, unmarried, born in Monreale, son of the late Rocco and living Eleonora
Bride: Angela Ingrassia, unmarried, born in Monreale, daughter of Francesco and Lucrezia
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
James Snavely
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 120
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by James Snavely »

Thank You

I think that the Baptism of Giuseppa Renda is on the bottom left, if this is so, can someone please translate it?
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351590801

Ninfa Campo Right Middle

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
James Snavely
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 120
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by James Snavely »

And I think this is Giuseppe Polizzi on the Top left
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

And the death of Giuseppa Carrozza (nee Renda) third from the bottom on the left
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Can someone please confirm if these are the right records, and if so, translate them?
James Snavely
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 120
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by James Snavely »

Can anyone please help me find the marriage of Marco and Caterina Carrozza. I have looked through the familysearch files for hours and found nothing, but their son Vincenzo got married in 1700, so I assume that their marriage was sometime in the 1660s or 1670s.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by adelfio »

James Snavely wrote:Thank You

I think that the Baptism of Giuseppa Renda is on the bottom left, if this is so, can someone please translate it?
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351590801

Ninfa Campo Right Middle

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Baptism of Giuseppa Renda
Record#183
1810 April 28th in the town of Monreale Church of Santa Maria Nuova Baptism of Giuseppa Renda daughter of Giuseppe Renda and Giacoma Renda (no maiden name listed)
The marriage of Giuseppe Carrozza and Giuseppa Renda 1830 April 19th would make her 20 years old


Baptism of Ninfa Campo
1809 Dec 13 in the town of Monreale Church of Santa Maria Nuova Baptism of Ninfa Campo daughter of Saverio Campo and Antonina Campo (no maiden name listed)
The marriage of Giuseppe Polizzi and Ninfa Campo 1835 Oct 12th would make her 26 years old

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Marco Carrozza and Caterina Benenati
Record#67
1657 Nov 8th in the town of Monreale Church of Santa Maria Nuova appeared Marco Carrozza son of Vincenzo Carrozza and Ninfa Carrozza married Caterina Benenati daughter of Giuseppe Benenati and Geronima Benenati

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Vincenzo Carrozza and Ninfa di Messina

1621 Sept 12th in the town of Monreale Church of Santa Maria Nuova appeared Vincenzo Carrozza son of ???????? and Francesca Carrozza married Ninfa Messina daughter of Pharao di Messina and Ursula ??di Messina

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
James Snavely
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 120
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by James Snavely »

adelfio wrote:Marriage of Vincenzo Carrozza and Ninfa di Messina

1621 Sept 12th in the town of Monreale Church of Santa Maria Nuova appeared Vincenzo Carrozza son of ???????? and Francesca Carrozza married Ninfa Messina daughter of Pharao di Messina and Ursula ??di Messina

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Thank you!

Is the name of Vincenzo's father not listed, or is it just indecipherable?
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by adelfio »

I think its the latin word is ignorantur which in this wording means father unknown and the mother is Franca Carrozza

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
James Snavely
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 120
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by James Snavely »

adelfio wrote:I think its the latin word is ignorantur which in this wording means father unknown and the mother is Franca Carrozza

Marty
I tried to find Vincenzo's birth record, but I could not. Might it have the father's name?

If not, would there be any other way to find out the identity of the father
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by adelfio »

I will check

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
James Snavely
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 120
Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30

Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo

Post by James Snavely »

adelfio wrote:I will check

Marty
Thank you so much! :D
Please keep me posted with what you find!



Also,
I searched through the death records from 1754-1775 for Giovanni Carrozza, as he was listed as living in his son Rocco's 1754 first marriage, but dead in his son Rocco's 1775 second marriage. I couldn't find him, but I did find a GioBattista Polizzi, and I was wondering if it was the right one


https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Post Reply