Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
-
James Snavely
- Veteran

- Posts: 120
- Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
Thank you Edward.
I have found a few more records, and I would like confirmation as to whether or not these are indeed the correct records
Upper right - Marriage of Antonino and Vincenza Narisi
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351246401
ALSO: I noticed their daughter is called Antonina on her daughter's marriage record and Maria Anna on her own, is this a mistake?
Upper left - Antonio and Angela Sciarinno
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351730801
Also, how can I go about verifying that the marriages of Giovanni Battista and Filippa Polizzi; and Giuseppe and Benedetta Lo Iocano that I found are indeed the correct marriages?
I have found a few more records, and I would like confirmation as to whether or not these are indeed the correct records
Upper right - Marriage of Antonino and Vincenza Narisi
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351246401
ALSO: I noticed their daughter is called Antonina on her daughter's marriage record and Maria Anna on her own, is this a mistake?
Upper left - Antonio and Angela Sciarinno
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351730801
Also, how can I go about verifying that the marriages of Giovanni Battista and Filippa Polizzi; and Giuseppe and Benedetta Lo Iocano that I found are indeed the correct marriages?
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
With these earlier records its very difficult because of the non use of wifes maiden name on the baptismal records trying to verify these marriage records
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
James Snavely
- Veteran

- Posts: 120
- Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
Thank you
Are there any things I can do when I have a possible match to make it more likely that I have the correct one?
And can you please translate the Sciarinno marriage record?
Are there any things I can do when I have a possible match to make it more likely that I have the correct one?
And can you please translate the Sciarinno marriage record?
- Marcello_DAleo
- Master

- Posts: 667
- Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 16:04
- Location: Bagheria, Palermo, Sicily
- Contact:
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
Monreale, 6 Jun 1677.James Snavely wrote:can you please translate the Sciarinno marriage record?
Marriage record of:
Groom: Antonino Sciarrino, unmarried, born in Monreale, son of the late Rocco and living Eleonora
Bride: Angela Ingrassia, unmarried, born in Monreale, daughter of Francesco and Lucrezia
-
James Snavely
- Veteran

- Posts: 120
- Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
Thank You
I think that the Baptism of Giuseppa Renda is on the bottom left, if this is so, can someone please translate it?
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351590801
Ninfa Campo Right Middle
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
I think that the Baptism of Giuseppa Renda is on the bottom left, if this is so, can someone please translate it?
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351590801
Ninfa Campo Right Middle
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
-
James Snavely
- Veteran

- Posts: 120
- Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
And I think this is Giuseppe Polizzi on the Top left
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
And the death of Giuseppa Carrozza (nee Renda) third from the bottom on the left
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Can someone please confirm if these are the right records, and if so, translate them?
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
And the death of Giuseppa Carrozza (nee Renda) third from the bottom on the left
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Can someone please confirm if these are the right records, and if so, translate them?
-
James Snavely
- Veteran

- Posts: 120
- Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
Can anyone please help me find the marriage of Marco and Caterina Carrozza. I have looked through the familysearch files for hours and found nothing, but their son Vincenzo got married in 1700, so I assume that their marriage was sometime in the 1660s or 1670s.
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
Baptism of Giuseppa RendaJames Snavely wrote:Thank You
I think that the Baptism of Giuseppa Renda is on the bottom left, if this is so, can someone please translate it?
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,351590801
Ninfa Campo Right Middle
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Record#183
1810 April 28th in the town of Monreale Church of Santa Maria Nuova Baptism of Giuseppa Renda daughter of Giuseppe Renda and Giacoma Renda (no maiden name listed)
The marriage of Giuseppe Carrozza and Giuseppa Renda 1830 April 19th would make her 20 years old
Baptism of Ninfa Campo
1809 Dec 13 in the town of Monreale Church of Santa Maria Nuova Baptism of Ninfa Campo daughter of Saverio Campo and Antonina Campo (no maiden name listed)
The marriage of Giuseppe Polizzi and Ninfa Campo 1835 Oct 12th would make her 26 years old
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
Marriage of Marco Carrozza and Caterina Benenati
Record#67
1657 Nov 8th in the town of Monreale Church of Santa Maria Nuova appeared Marco Carrozza son of Vincenzo Carrozza and Ninfa Carrozza married Caterina Benenati daughter of Giuseppe Benenati and Geronima Benenati
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
Record#67
1657 Nov 8th in the town of Monreale Church of Santa Maria Nuova appeared Marco Carrozza son of Vincenzo Carrozza and Ninfa Carrozza married Caterina Benenati daughter of Giuseppe Benenati and Geronima Benenati
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
Marriage of Vincenzo Carrozza and Ninfa di Messina
1621 Sept 12th in the town of Monreale Church of Santa Maria Nuova appeared Vincenzo Carrozza son of ???????? and Francesca Carrozza married Ninfa Messina daughter of Pharao di Messina and Ursula ??di Messina
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
1621 Sept 12th in the town of Monreale Church of Santa Maria Nuova appeared Vincenzo Carrozza son of ???????? and Francesca Carrozza married Ninfa Messina daughter of Pharao di Messina and Ursula ??di Messina
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
James Snavely
- Veteran

- Posts: 120
- Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
Thank you!adelfio wrote:Marriage of Vincenzo Carrozza and Ninfa di Messina
1621 Sept 12th in the town of Monreale Church of Santa Maria Nuova appeared Vincenzo Carrozza son of ???????? and Francesca Carrozza married Ninfa Messina daughter of Pharao di Messina and Ursula ??di Messina
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915
Marty
Is the name of Vincenzo's father not listed, or is it just indecipherable?
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
I think its the latin word is ignorantur which in this wording means father unknown and the mother is Franca Carrozza
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
James Snavely
- Veteran

- Posts: 120
- Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
I tried to find Vincenzo's birth record, but I could not. Might it have the father's name?adelfio wrote:I think its the latin word is ignorantur which in this wording means father unknown and the mother is Franca Carrozza
Marty
If not, would there be any other way to find out the identity of the father
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
I will check
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
James Snavely
- Veteran

- Posts: 120
- Joined: 24 Feb 2015, 04:30
Re: Giuseppe Carrozza and Rosa Polizzi of Palermo
Thank you so much!adelfio wrote:I will check
Marty
Please keep me posted with what you find!
Also,
I searched through the death records from 1754-1775 for Giovanni Carrozza, as he was listed as living in his son Rocco's 1754 first marriage, but dead in his son Rocco's 1775 second marriage. I couldn't find him, but I did find a GioBattista Polizzi, and I was wondering if it was the right one
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915