looking for links

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
SisIrijah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 Jan 2006, 00:00

looking for links

Post by SisIrijah »

greetings

any carones out there?

any gattos or sparacinos from the trapani area of sicily?

my grandfather, who was a carone, disappeared into thin air in bloomfield new jersey in the 30's or 40's...never been able to find out where he went

give thanks

SisIrijah
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: looking for links

Post by suanj »

You can be more precise almost? suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: looking for links

Post by ricbru »

SisIrijah wrote:greetings

any carones out there?

any gattos or sparacinos from the trapani area of sicily?

my grandfather, who was a carone, disappeared into thin air in bloomfield new jersey in the 30's or 40's...never been able to find out where he went

give thanks

SisIrijah
Hello,
I'm from Trapani, but last name is diifferent.
Here some Gatto in Trapani province

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... p&ind=&nc=

and some Sparacino in Trapani province

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... p&ind=&nc=

Here some Gatto at Ellis Island

http://stevemorse.org/goulnik/match1.ph ... &dwpdone=1

and some Sparacino

http://stevemorse.org/goulnik/match1.ph ... &dwpdone=1

bye Riccardo
User avatar
Nunsiata
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 56
Joined: 18 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: looking for links

Post by Nunsiata »

Are your Gattos from Lodi, New Jersey?

N
User avatar
pgatto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 06 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Contact:

Re: looking for links

Post by pgatto »

I'm a Gatto.

My Grandfather, Gaetano Gatto, was born in Bronte, Sicily, and immigrated to Carbondale, PA, where my Dad was born.

I was born and raised in Jersey (Woodbridge area).

Patti
caronej
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Feb 2018, 22:00

Re: looking for links

Post by caronej »

Hello,

My maiden name is Carone, my great grandfather James Carone came over to America in the early 1900's I believe through Ellis Island but I have not been able to locate a record for him, just my great grandmother Matilde Grimaldi. His birth date was 11/13/1894 together they had Tony born 1918, Ralph born 1920, George born 1921, Harry born 1924, Helen born 1927, Doris born 1928, Teresa born 1929, and Norma born 1932. Talk within the family is that he came from Bari-where all the Carone's are clustered in Italy, with a close connection to Albania and gypsies but I don't know that to be 100% true.
Post Reply