Nicoletti Family of San Lorenzo Bellizzi / Cassano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
NCJE2910
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 163
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 21:03
Location: New York

Nicoletti Family of San Lorenzo Bellizzi / Cassano

Post by NCJE2910 »

Hi,
I was hoping I could get some help in finding more information about my Nicoletti ancestors of San Lorenzo Bellizzi, Cosenza.
I'd love more information about Domenico Nicoletti born 1786 in San Lorenzo and died before 1874 possibly in Cassano allo Ionio, Cosenza. He was married to Caterina Vita and had at least 4 children:
Giuseppe b. 1821
Nicola b. 1821
Gaetano b. 1826
Domenica b. 1827
I think Domenico migrated to Cassano some time during the 1820s and his occupation was a Laborer (Bracciante).
Thanks so much,
Nick
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Nicoletti Family of San Lorenzo Bellizzi / Cassano

Post by erudita74 »

There are some online records for Cassano all'Ionio. I checked the 1873 and 1874 death indices for Domenico and he is not there. You can check other years yourself at the following link-
Erudita

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043557
User avatar
NCJE2910
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 163
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 21:03
Location: New York

Re: Nicoletti Family of San Lorenzo Bellizzi / Cassano

Post by NCJE2910 »

Thanks so much erudita74! This looks great. Do you know how I would be able to find records from San Lorenzo?
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Nicoletti Family of San Lorenzo Bellizzi / Cassano

Post by erudita74 »

There are some online records for San Lorenzo. Earlier records on microfilm for both towns would currently need to be rented and used at a local family history center
Erudita

https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043557

https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library
Post Reply