Advice needed for visiting Italy for FH research and certificate translation help required

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
ToniCrane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 27 Apr 2015, 02:59

Advice needed for visiting Italy for FH research and certificate translation help required

Post by ToniCrane »

Hello Everyone.
Firstly let me appologize for not being on here very much. I have been hard at work with my husband saving money for us to visit the home of his ancestors in Italy in a bid to further our FH investigations. We leave next Friday the 13th of May 2016!!! Super excited!!
This leads me to ask if anyone can suggest how we go about approaching the various churches and organisations over there that are in possession of certificates and records? This is more or less the sole purpose of our visit to Italy....to further our genealogy efforts.
I do currently have several certificates which I need help with translating and was hopeful that I can obtain some assistance with this here.
Do you have any recommendations or experiences you can share that will help us? I don't speak any Italian really and come from Australia so I know there will be a language barrier to overcome.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Toni
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Advice needed for visiting Italy for FH research and certificate translation help required

Post by Italysearcher »

There are a couple of posts on my blog that cover this subject perfectly.
Have a great trip!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Advice needed for visiting Italy for FH research and certificate translation help required

Post by adelfio »

Why don't you post your records here so we can help you before you leave


Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Post Reply