Hello Everyone.
Firstly let me appologize for not being on here very much. I have been hard at work with my husband saving money for us to visit the home of his ancestors in Italy in a bid to further our FH investigations. We leave next Friday the 13th of May 2016!!! Super excited!!
This leads me to ask if anyone can suggest how we go about approaching the various churches and organisations over there that are in possession of certificates and records? This is more or less the sole purpose of our visit to Italy....to further our genealogy efforts.
I do currently have several certificates which I need help with translating and was hopeful that I can obtain some assistance with this here.
Do you have any recommendations or experiences you can share that will help us? I don't speak any Italian really and come from Australia so I know there will be a language barrier to overcome.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Toni
Advice needed for visiting Italy for FH research and certificate translation help required
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Advice needed for visiting Italy for FH research and certificate translation help required
There are a couple of posts on my blog that cover this subject perfectly.
Have a great trip!
Have a great trip!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Advice needed for visiting Italy for FH research and certificate translation help required
Why don't you post your records here so we can help you before you leave
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
