Hello friends... I am looking to find information about Giorgio Riscili and his wife Vincenza Raimondi Riscili. I know that Giorgio came to the US in 1895, but I can find no record of Vincenza arriving in the US. I have also not been able to find any information regarding the death of either one of them.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.. Tom
Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari
Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari
Do you know where they settled?
Do you have censuses or any other info?
Do you have censuses or any other info?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari
Marriage of Giorgio Riscili and Vincenza Raimondi
INDEX#24
1881 Sept 16th in the town of Vicari marriage of Giorgio Riscili age 25 shepherd born and resides in Vicari son of Giuseppe Riscili and Francesca Cavarata married Vincenza Raimondi age 20 born and resides in Vicari daughter of Michelangelo Raimondi and deceased Rosalia Parisi
PG LINK RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Birth extract of Giorgio Riscili
INDEX#118
1855 Nov 9th in the town of Vicari birth of Giorgio Riscili son of Giuseppe Riscili age 35 farmer and Francesca Cavarata age 27 they reside in Vicari
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Birth extract of Vincenza Raimondi
INDEX#67
1861 June 30th in the town of Vicari birth of Vincenza Raimondi daughter of Michelangelo Raimondi age 37 farmer and Rosalia Parisi age 30 they reside in Vicari
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Death record of Rosalia Parisi (mother of Vincenza Raimondi )
INDEX#59
1869 June 21st in the town of Vicari death of Rosalia Parisi age 38 born and resides in Vicari daughter of Salvatore Parisi and Domenica Schifano wife of Michelangelo Raimondi
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Marty
INDEX#24
1881 Sept 16th in the town of Vicari marriage of Giorgio Riscili age 25 shepherd born and resides in Vicari son of Giuseppe Riscili and Francesca Cavarata married Vincenza Raimondi age 20 born and resides in Vicari daughter of Michelangelo Raimondi and deceased Rosalia Parisi
PG LINK RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Birth extract of Giorgio Riscili
INDEX#118
1855 Nov 9th in the town of Vicari birth of Giorgio Riscili son of Giuseppe Riscili age 35 farmer and Francesca Cavarata age 27 they reside in Vicari
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Birth extract of Vincenza Raimondi
INDEX#67
1861 June 30th in the town of Vicari birth of Vincenza Raimondi daughter of Michelangelo Raimondi age 37 farmer and Rosalia Parisi age 30 they reside in Vicari
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Death record of Rosalia Parisi (mother of Vincenza Raimondi )
INDEX#59
1869 June 21st in the town of Vicari death of Rosalia Parisi age 38 born and resides in Vicari daughter of Salvatore Parisi and Domenica Schifano wife of Michelangelo Raimondi
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari
Thanks, Adelfio!
PippoM - Giorgio traveled to the US and settled in Westfield,NY. We have the passenger list from 1895 showing he and brother Francesco. I can find no record of Vincenza. I thought perhaps she had passed away before coming to the US.
I believe his brother Francesco settled in Rochester, NY
PippoM - Giorgio traveled to the US and settled in Westfield,NY. We have the passenger list from 1895 showing he and brother Francesco. I can find no record of Vincenza. I thought perhaps she had passed away before coming to the US.
I believe his brother Francesco settled in Rochester, NY
Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari
Hello,
Vincenza doesn't seem to have died before 1895, according to the registers from Vicari.
But this record MIGHT pertain to her:
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.c ... =165197711
With surname misspelled, and Vincenza changed to Jennie, as it was usual.
Vincenza doesn't seem to have died before 1895, according to the registers from Vicari.
But this record MIGHT pertain to her:
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.c ... =165197711
With surname misspelled, and Vincenza changed to Jennie, as it was usual.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari
Thanks, Pippo.. I will try and follow up with the cemetery. It could be her, as the Rochester area is where I think Francesco and his wife ended up.
Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari
You're very welcome!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari
Just a follow up for those who helped me.
It's taken a while, but I finally had a breakthrough. I found that Vincenza Raimondi actually passed away in 1944 in Vicari. She ended up marrying Antonino Calato somewhere along the line.
I am looking for their marriage record, as I figure it will shed some light on when Giorgio passed. Does anyone know if divorce was a thing or should I assume that it was Giorgio's passing that freed her to marry again?
Thanks for the help!
It's taken a while, but I finally had a breakthrough. I found that Vincenza Raimondi actually passed away in 1944 in Vicari. She ended up marrying Antonino Calato somewhere along the line.
I am looking for their marriage record, as I figure it will shed some light on when Giorgio passed. Does anyone know if divorce was a thing or should I assume that it was Giorgio's passing that freed her to marry again?
Thanks for the help!
Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari
If she lived in Ital at that time divorce was no allowed
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari
Thanks Pippo!
Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari
A final thank you and update.
I did find a marriage record for Vincenza Raimondi and Antonino Calato. They married in Vicari on 2 June 1928 meaning the Giorgio must have passed away prior to that date. I still haven't found a death record for him in the US, but I will continue my search.
I did find a marriage record for Vincenza Raimondi and Antonino Calato. They married in Vicari on 2 June 1928 meaning the Giorgio must have passed away prior to that date. I still haven't found a death record for him in the US, but I will continue my search.

