Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Herk58
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 46
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 02:40
Location: NY, USA

Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari

Post by Herk58 »

Hello friends... I am looking to find information about Giorgio Riscili and his wife Vincenza Raimondi Riscili. I know that Giorgio came to the US in 1895, but I can find no record of Vincenza arriving in the US. I have also not been able to find any information regarding the death of either one of them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.. Tom
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari

Post by PippoM »

Do you know where they settled?
Do you have censuses or any other info?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Giorgio Riscili and Vincenza Raimondi
INDEX#24
1881 Sept 16th in the town of Vicari marriage of Giorgio Riscili age 25 shepherd born and resides in Vicari son of Giuseppe Riscili and Francesca Cavarata married Vincenza Raimondi age 20 born and resides in Vicari daughter of Michelangelo Raimondi and deceased Rosalia Parisi

PG LINK RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613

Birth extract of Giorgio Riscili
INDEX#118
1855 Nov 9th in the town of Vicari birth of Giorgio Riscili son of Giuseppe Riscili age 35 farmer and Francesca Cavarata age 27 they reside in Vicari

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613

Birth extract of Vincenza Raimondi
INDEX#67
1861 June 30th in the town of Vicari birth of Vincenza Raimondi daughter of Michelangelo Raimondi age 37 farmer and Rosalia Parisi age 30 they reside in Vicari

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613

Death record of Rosalia Parisi (mother of Vincenza Raimondi )
INDEX#59
1869 June 21st in the town of Vicari death of Rosalia Parisi age 38 born and resides in Vicari daughter of Salvatore Parisi and Domenica Schifano wife of Michelangelo Raimondi

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Herk58
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 46
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 02:40
Location: NY, USA

Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari

Post by Herk58 »

Thanks, Adelfio!

PippoM - Giorgio traveled to the US and settled in Westfield,NY. We have the passenger list from 1895 showing he and brother Francesco. I can find no record of Vincenza. I thought perhaps she had passed away before coming to the US.

I believe his brother Francesco settled in Rochester, NY
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari

Post by PippoM »

Hello,
Vincenza doesn't seem to have died before 1895, according to the registers from Vicari.
But this record MIGHT pertain to her:

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.c ... =165197711

With surname misspelled, and Vincenza changed to Jennie, as it was usual.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Herk58
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 46
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 02:40
Location: NY, USA

Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari

Post by Herk58 »

Thanks, Pippo.. I will try and follow up with the cemetery. It could be her, as the Rochester area is where I think Francesco and his wife ended up.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari

Post by PippoM »

You're very welcome!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Herk58
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 46
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 02:40
Location: NY, USA

Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari

Post by Herk58 »

Just a follow up for those who helped me.

It's taken a while, but I finally had a breakthrough. I found that Vincenza Raimondi actually passed away in 1944 in Vicari. She ended up marrying Antonino Calato somewhere along the line.

I am looking for their marriage record, as I figure it will shed some light on when Giorgio passed. Does anyone know if divorce was a thing or should I assume that it was Giorgio's passing that freed her to marry again?

Thanks for the help!
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari

Post by PippoM »

If she lived in Ital at that time divorce was no allowed
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Herk58
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 46
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 02:40
Location: NY, USA

Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari

Post by Herk58 »

Thanks Pippo!
Herk58
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 46
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 02:40
Location: NY, USA

Re: Riscili / Raimondi from Vicari

Post by Herk58 »

A final thank you and update.

I did find a marriage record for Vincenza Raimondi and Antonino Calato. They married in Vicari on 2 June 1928 meaning the Giorgio must have passed away prior to that date. I still haven't found a death record for him in the US, but I will continue my search.
Post Reply