My name is Loic, living in Utah. Got some Italian ancestors born and raised in Tunisia. I went to the website of Geneanum http://www.geneanum.com/tunisie/recherche-tunisie.html and contacted all the emails (eveche, prelature, and chancellerie) - that database is GREAT
Got NO ANSWER.
Anyone with experience in contacting the Tunisia records and getting copies of the original documents? Did you have to write? What did you include when you wrote?
I'm in the US and i"m not sure they would write me back, but I have a mother in France who could receive the mail if necessary
Cheers
Loic - loic@fieldofarmortanks.com
Experience with Tunisia records?
Re: Experience with Tunisia records?
Some time ago a user named "or100cohen" posted something on this Forum.
She was born in Tunisia, and got several documents from there.
Try to send her a PM, maybe she is still about here and can give you some hint.
She was born in Tunisia, and got several documents from there.
Try to send her a PM, maybe she is still about here and can give you some hint.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Experience with Tunisia records?
Thank you, I sent that person a PM. I also contacted Geneanum and see if Nicholas can give me some information too

