Experience with Tunisia records?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
anthianl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Jan 2017, 05:49

Experience with Tunisia records?

Post by anthianl »

My name is Loic, living in Utah. Got some Italian ancestors born and raised in Tunisia. I went to the website of Geneanum http://www.geneanum.com/tunisie/recherche-tunisie.html and contacted all the emails (eveche, prelature, and chancellerie) - that database is GREAT

Got NO ANSWER.

Anyone with experience in contacting the Tunisia records and getting copies of the original documents? Did you have to write? What did you include when you wrote?

I'm in the US and i"m not sure they would write me back, but I have a mother in France who could receive the mail if necessary

Cheers
Loic - loic@fieldofarmortanks.com
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Experience with Tunisia records?

Post by PippoM »

Some time ago a user named "or100cohen" posted something on this Forum.
She was born in Tunisia, and got several documents from there.
Try to send her a PM, maybe she is still about here and can give you some hint.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
anthianl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Jan 2017, 05:49

Re: Experience with Tunisia records?

Post by anthianl »

Thank you, I sent that person a PM. I also contacted Geneanum and see if Nicholas can give me some information too
Post Reply