Marriage Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Joe4322
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 36
Joined: 07 Dec 2011, 00:17

Marriage Records

Post by Joe4322 »

Hello,

I am looking for information for my grandfather and grandmother. What I looked at, is in Italian and the writing is difficult to read. Any help would be appreciated.

My grandfather's name was Giovanni Russo. My grandmother's name was Rosa Zopinna. They lived in Bauso, Sicily.

The marriage was between 1884 and 1886.

Thank you
Joe4322
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 36
Joined: 07 Dec 2011, 00:17

Re: Marriage Records for Giovanni Russo and Rosa Zopinna

Post by Joe4322 »

Hello,

I am looking for marriage records for my grandfather, Giovanni Russo, and my grandmother, Rosa Zopinna.

They lived in Bauso, Sicily. The marriage would be between 1884 -1886.

Thank you

Joe4322
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Marriage Records

Post by Biff83 »

Can you post a link to the record you've seen or scan the image and post here so folks can try to decipher for you?

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
jbrusa
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 33
Joined: 31 Aug 2015, 17:11

Re: Marriage Records

Post by jbrusa »

Hello,

I checked for the marriage act on http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... Matrimoni/ but unfortunately there are no online records for 1884 - 1886. The online marriage acts for Bauso go as far as 1865.

Do you know in what year they were born and where they were born? We might be able to find their birth acts.

Joe
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Marriage Records

Post by suanj »

Hi here
marriage records of Villafranca Tirrena aka Bauso:

Matrimoni 1881-82, 1884-85, 1887-1906, 1908- 1910 Morti 1866-1910
https://familysearch.org/search/film/00 ... cat=544448
and:
Nati 1880, 1882-91, 1894-97, 1899 Pubblicazioni 1866-1910 Nati 1892-1893 Matrimoni 1866-1880
https://familysearch.org/search/film/00 ... cat=544448

lacking the marriage year 1886..
I found
the Birth record of a son:
Giuseppe Russo, son of Giovanni Russo and Rosa Zoppina (rigth spelling; daughter of Vincenzo) on 18 Feb 1889
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1887904
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Marriage Records

Post by adelfio »

I checked the marriage publication 1877-1887 on familysearch Villafranca Tirrena aka Bauso did not see any record Giovanni Russo, and Rosa Zopinna I m thinking they were married somewhere else

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Marriage Records

Post by suanj »

I believe they married on 1886.. This marriage year is missing..I don' t know if in Pubblicazioni are the their marrage banns ...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Marriage Records

Post by adelfio »

Hi Suanj
Heres the marriage publication index for 1886 no Giovanni Russo I did a search pg by pg with parte 2 also nothing found

PG LINK TO INDEX
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=544448

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Marriage Records

Post by suanj »

It is very strange...the son Giuseppe was born on 1889, so when they married? A mystery...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply