Hello,
I am looking for information for my grandfather and grandmother. What I looked at, is in Italian and the writing is difficult to read. Any help would be appreciated.
My grandfather's name was Giovanni Russo. My grandmother's name was Rosa Zopinna. They lived in Bauso, Sicily.
The marriage was between 1884 and 1886.
Thank you
Marriage Records
Re: Marriage Records for Giovanni Russo and Rosa Zopinna
Hello,
I am looking for marriage records for my grandfather, Giovanni Russo, and my grandmother, Rosa Zopinna.
They lived in Bauso, Sicily. The marriage would be between 1884 -1886.
Thank you
Joe4322
I am looking for marriage records for my grandfather, Giovanni Russo, and my grandmother, Rosa Zopinna.
They lived in Bauso, Sicily. The marriage would be between 1884 -1886.
Thank you
Joe4322
Re: Marriage Records
Can you post a link to the record you've seen or scan the image and post here so folks can try to decipher for you?
Biff
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Marriage Records
Hello,
I checked for the marriage act on http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... Matrimoni/ but unfortunately there are no online records for 1884 - 1886. The online marriage acts for Bauso go as far as 1865.
Do you know in what year they were born and where they were born? We might be able to find their birth acts.
Joe
I checked for the marriage act on http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... Matrimoni/ but unfortunately there are no online records for 1884 - 1886. The online marriage acts for Bauso go as far as 1865.
Do you know in what year they were born and where they were born? We might be able to find their birth acts.
Joe
Re: Marriage Records
Hi here
marriage records of Villafranca Tirrena aka Bauso:
Matrimoni 1881-82, 1884-85, 1887-1906, 1908- 1910 Morti 1866-1910
https://familysearch.org/search/film/00 ... cat=544448
and:
Nati 1880, 1882-91, 1894-97, 1899 Pubblicazioni 1866-1910 Nati 1892-1893 Matrimoni 1866-1880
https://familysearch.org/search/film/00 ... cat=544448
lacking the marriage year 1886..
I found
the Birth record of a son:
Giuseppe Russo, son of Giovanni Russo and Rosa Zoppina (rigth spelling; daughter of Vincenzo) on 18 Feb 1889
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1887904
best regards,
suanj
marriage records of Villafranca Tirrena aka Bauso:
Matrimoni 1881-82, 1884-85, 1887-1906, 1908- 1910 Morti 1866-1910
https://familysearch.org/search/film/00 ... cat=544448
and:
Nati 1880, 1882-91, 1894-97, 1899 Pubblicazioni 1866-1910 Nati 1892-1893 Matrimoni 1866-1880
https://familysearch.org/search/film/00 ... cat=544448
lacking the marriage year 1886..
I found
the Birth record of a son:
Giuseppe Russo, son of Giovanni Russo and Rosa Zoppina (rigth spelling; daughter of Vincenzo) on 18 Feb 1889
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1887904
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Marriage Records
I checked the marriage publication 1877-1887 on familysearch Villafranca Tirrena aka Bauso did not see any record Giovanni Russo, and Rosa Zopinna I m thinking they were married somewhere else
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Marriage Records
I believe they married on 1886.. This marriage year is missing..I don' t know if in Pubblicazioni are the their marrage banns ...
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Marriage Records
Hi Suanj
Heres the marriage publication index for 1886 no Giovanni Russo I did a search pg by pg with parte 2 also nothing found
PG LINK TO INDEX
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=544448
Marty
Heres the marriage publication index for 1886 no Giovanni Russo I did a search pg by pg with parte 2 also nothing found
PG LINK TO INDEX
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cat=544448
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Marriage Records
It is very strange...the son Giuseppe was born on 1889, so when they married? A mystery...
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH


