Italian Roots Help
Re: Italian Roots Help
Wow, this lady. She's got a lot of last names on record, huh?
First she was Nacca. Then Vacca. Then Nocera and now we're back to Vaccaro. The Vaccaro doesn't match what I found on FamilySearch. It's really confusing. I think someone slapped it together. Someone made a huge mess elsewhere for the Famiglietti tree. If you had that last name, you were ON it. Check it out:
This guy on FamilySearch says that Maddalena Famiglietti's parents were Saverio Famiglietti and Antonio Romano. Their children included a Nicola Famiglietti. https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... e=LV3T-BW5
Of course there are no sources. I wouldn't trust this tree as far as I can throw it. Would rather trust you. Am tempted to just pull the lady away from that part of the tree and head for the hills! Especially since he named his sister the same name as his wife. He has no sister with that name.
Thanks for your help and the guide.
This explains why no one can find Nocera AT ALL. Crazy.
Here's the Vaccaro I found:
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... e=LTXT-F99
I want to take a chainsaw to this and the other guy's tree. Not out of spite, mind you. Because these trees on FS are messed up. Thanks go out to you and my friend on Ancestry. You both cleared things up!
Right now I've got to help a friend with her search. Then I am going to add this new stuff in where I can. So many last names, lady....
First she was Nacca. Then Vacca. Then Nocera and now we're back to Vaccaro. The Vaccaro doesn't match what I found on FamilySearch. It's really confusing. I think someone slapped it together. Someone made a huge mess elsewhere for the Famiglietti tree. If you had that last name, you were ON it. Check it out:
This guy on FamilySearch says that Maddalena Famiglietti's parents were Saverio Famiglietti and Antonio Romano. Their children included a Nicola Famiglietti. https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... e=LV3T-BW5
Of course there are no sources. I wouldn't trust this tree as far as I can throw it. Would rather trust you. Am tempted to just pull the lady away from that part of the tree and head for the hills! Especially since he named his sister the same name as his wife. He has no sister with that name.
Thanks for your help and the guide.
This explains why no one can find Nocera AT ALL. Crazy.
Here's the Vaccaro I found:
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... e=LTXT-F99
I want to take a chainsaw to this and the other guy's tree. Not out of spite, mind you. Because these trees on FS are messed up. Thanks go out to you and my friend on Ancestry. You both cleared things up!
Right now I've got to help a friend with her search. Then I am going to add this new stuff in where I can. So many last names, lady....
Re: Italian Roots Help
There. I fixed the tree on FamilySearch and I spruced up Pasquale's profile:
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Penta-7
Fixed the tree on FS. I hope this is the same lady:
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... e=LTXT-F99
I had to fix her parents. Do we have any info on Antonio Penta, Felicita Barrasso, Luigi Vaccaro and Maria Antonia Andriano?
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Penta-7
Fixed the tree on FS. I hope this is the same lady:
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... e=LTXT-F99
I had to fix her parents. Do we have any info on Antonio Penta, Felicita Barrasso, Luigi Vaccaro and Maria Antonia Andriano?
Re: Italian Roots Help
Everything is all sorted now. =D Had a bit of a snag as there was another Pasquale di Penta and it turns out they were one and the same.
Re: Italian Roots Help
Marriage record of Michele Santamaria and Rosaria DenteCferra wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 20:57 Sounds good. Looking for the parents of Michele Santamaria and Rosaria Dente. And sources, too.
INDEX#13
1820 May 17th in the town of Gesualdo marriage of Michele Santamaria age 30 born and resides in Gesualdo son of Vincenzo Santamaria and Rosaria Carpinella married Rosaria Dente age 28 born and resides in Gesualdo daughter of deceased Francescantonio Dente and Caterina Petruzzo
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Death record of Rosaria Carpinella
INDEX#13
1840 Feb 8th in the town of Gesualdo death of Rosaria Carpinella age 58 (1782) born and resides in Gesualdo wife of deceased Vincenzo Santamaria daughter of deceased Nicola Carpinella and deceased Antonia Del Mastro
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
INDEX#13
1840 Feb 8th in the town of Gesualdo death of Rosaria Carpinella age 58 (1782) born and resides in Gesualdo wife of deceased Vincenzo Santamaria daughter of deceased Nicola Carpinella and deceased Antonia Del Mastro
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Thank you, sir. I showed my dad's cousin Joe what I have so far and he loves it. The family is quite happy. =D
I wonder if we can find info on Antonio di Penta, Felicita Barrasso, (1807 Grottaminarda) Luigi Vaccaro, Maria Antonia Andrisano (1807 Grottaminarda)
I still need sources for a few people. Want me to list?
I wonder if we can find info on Antonio di Penta, Felicita Barrasso, (1807 Grottaminarda) Luigi Vaccaro, Maria Antonia Andrisano (1807 Grottaminarda)
I still need sources for a few people. Want me to list?
Re: Italian Roots Help
You can list
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Okay. I need sources for:
Mattia Dragone. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Dragone-14
Felice Carrabse: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Carrabse-1
Vincenzo Santamaria: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Santamaria-88
Francesco Antonio Dente: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Dente-17
Caterina Petruzzo: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Petruzzo-5
The stuff you just sent me for Petruzzo can double as sources so scratch those last two off.
I think that's it before we move onto the people I mentioned above.
Mattia Dragone. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Dragone-14
Felice Carrabse: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Carrabse-1
Vincenzo Santamaria: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Santamaria-88
Francesco Antonio Dente: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Dente-17
Caterina Petruzzo: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Petruzzo-5
The stuff you just sent me for Petruzzo can double as sources so scratch those last two off.
I think that's it before we move onto the people I mentioned above.
Re: Italian Roots Help
Marriage publication record of Antonio di Penta and Maria Felica Barrasso
INDEX#16
1826 May 29th in the town of Grottaminarda Antonio di Penta age 17 son of Pasquale di Penta and Elizabetta Meninno to marry Maria Felica Barrasso age 21 daughter of Domenico Barrasso and deceased Agnesa di Onofrio
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
INDEX#16
1826 May 29th in the town of Grottaminarda Antonio di Penta age 17 son of Pasquale di Penta and Elizabetta Meninno to marry Maria Felica Barrasso age 21 daughter of Domenico Barrasso and deceased Agnesa di Onofrio
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Huh. Another Pasquale di Penta? Neat. Thanks! Any luck on the others?
Re: Italian Roots Help
Im still waiting for the reply for Vincenzo Ferraiolo born San Pietro in Maida 1894 birth act I will let you know.
You reached the point now since the online records of the towns you are researching only go from 1809-1910.
So before 1809 you would have to get records from the town churches which is the norm for Italy. You can try yourself to request for church records which is very difficult or you would have get a researcher in Italy to get the records you seek now if you decide to hire a researcher have the researcher copy the whole page instead of just the single page it will give more of the info you seek
The early records usually 1865 and under sometimes give the name of the town church on the right side of the record and the left side is civil info I marked the church in Frigento on this record as Santa Maria Maggiore
You reached the point now since the online records of the towns you are researching only go from 1809-1910.
So before 1809 you would have to get records from the town churches which is the norm for Italy. You can try yourself to request for church records which is very difficult or you would have get a researcher in Italy to get the records you seek now if you decide to hire a researcher have the researcher copy the whole page instead of just the single page it will give more of the info you seek
The early records usually 1865 and under sometimes give the name of the town church on the right side of the record and the left side is civil info I marked the church in Frigento on this record as Santa Maria Maggiore
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Death record of Antonio di Penta
INDEX#32
1843 Mar 19th in the town of Grottaminarda death Antonio di Penta age 35 landowner born and resides in Grottaminarda husband of Felica Barrasso son of Pasquale di Penta and deceased Elizabetta Meninno
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
INDEX#32
1843 Mar 19th in the town of Grottaminarda death Antonio di Penta age 35 landowner born and resides in Grottaminarda husband of Felica Barrasso son of Pasquale di Penta and deceased Elizabetta Meninno
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Italian Roots Help
Right. Thanks! I asked people on Ancestry if they could help me with Maria Tedesco. No luck there. I only have the most basic info on her. Someone has her parents and sources in a tree. But, I can't contact the user. The PM system is so lame there. A free user can receive private messages, but, can't send them? That is the lamest message board system I have ever seen.
Her parents should be in the same San Pietro a Maida area as Vincenzo, I would think. Francesco Tedesco and Maria Litria Spano. Problem is that they list Maria's birth date as 1848, which would make her a little too old to be having Maria Tedesco. Not sure what that's all about. Ancestry trees have been known to be wrong.
I thank you for getting me all this info. I'm still missing a few things here and there, though.
Thanks again!
Her parents should be in the same San Pietro a Maida area as Vincenzo, I would think. Francesco Tedesco and Maria Litria Spano. Problem is that they list Maria's birth date as 1848, which would make her a little too old to be having Maria Tedesco. Not sure what that's all about. Ancestry trees have been known to be wrong.
I thank you for getting me all this info. I'm still missing a few things here and there, though.
Thanks again!
Re: Italian Roots Help
About the Tedescos:
I think I might have found a lead on FamilySearch. Problem is I have no idea how accurate it is. Check it out:
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... details?sp...
I didn't make the profiles. But, when I connected them to Maria Tedesco, I got a birth after father's death error on her. Which is weird.
So...what are your takes on this? Not sure what the deal is with the error. Still need hard facts, though.
At least I have a basic place: Santa Caterina dello Ionio, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy
And I sent the guy who made the profiles a private message.
I think I might have found a lead on FamilySearch. Problem is I have no idea how accurate it is. Check it out:
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... details?sp...
I didn't make the profiles. But, when I connected them to Maria Tedesco, I got a birth after father's death error on her. Which is weird.
So...what are your takes on this? Not sure what the deal is with the error. Still need hard facts, though.
At least I have a basic place: Santa Caterina dello Ionio, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy
And I sent the guy who made the profiles a private message.
Re: Italian Roots Help
I checked for Maria Tedesco daughter of Francesco Tedesco and Maria Litria Spano born between 1888-1910 in Santa Caterina dello Ionio, Catanzaro no record I think she was born in San Pietro a Maida
How did you get her parents info?
Marty
How did you get her parents info?
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty

