Latin given names "Aghabini" and "Santori"

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
Smitty
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 03:39

Latin given names "Aghabini" and "Santori"

Post by Smitty »

I ran across these two male Latin names in Sicilian church records yesterday, and I'm not sure as to their Italian/Sicilian translations. If anyone has an idea as to what they would be, I'd appreciate it. I've attached the images, if that helps. Thank you in advance.
Attachments
download (2).png
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Latin given names "Aghabini" and "Santori"

Post by Tessa78 »

Santori would be Santoro in Italian.

I do not see the "Aghabini" that you refer to the the record :?

T.
Smitty
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 03:39

Re: Latin given names "Aghabini" and "Santori"

Post by Smitty »

Thanks for the reply, Tessa78. I was afraid only one of the images had uploaded. Here is the other. Any guesses would be appreciated.
Attachments
1529641138502_download (1).png
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Latin given names "Aghabini" and "Santori"

Post by Tessa78 »

Perhaps the Latin equivalent of Italian male given names Agabio or Agabito.

T.
Smitty
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 Jun 2018, 03:39

Re: Latin given names "Aghabini" and "Santori"

Post by Smitty »

Thanks again, Tessa. You've been a big help. On another Latin record for the same person, it's spelled "Agabino," so it's likely some form of the names you suggested. It'd be simpler if they'd just written it in Italian, eh? :)
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Latin given names "Aghabini" and "Santori"

Post by Tessa78 »

:-D

T.
Post Reply