Next Step for Birth Certificates

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
njb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 14:28

Next Step for Birth Certificates

Post by njb »

I've hit a stumbling block while collecting documents. My second great grandparents were both born in Italy and I have all of the information to find their birth certificates, but I've been given the run-around on who to contact to actually request them.

Second great grandmother
Antonina Renna
DOB: 5 March 1876
Location: Palermo, Palermo
Father: Pasquale Renna
Mother: Rosa Triolo
Index: office 1, volume 105, number 584

I've sent this information to the archival organization and the civil registry office but received no response.

Second great grandfather
Pasquale Boccio
DOB: 15 or 20 August 1877
Location: San Giuseppe, Napoli
Father: Vincenzo Boccio
Mother: Rosa Rosiello

Again, I've been referred to three or four different organizations and still haven't come up with a proper response. I also understand that Naples' civil records are very spotty between 1865 and 1900.

Will I be better off hiring a service to obtain these documents? Especially since I have such specific information?
njb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 14:28

Re: Next Step for Birth Certificates

Post by njb »

Bump, this thread was just approved.
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Next Step for Birth Certificates

Post by Italysearcher »

It really depends on why you want them. For family history research check out www.antenati.it or www.familysearch.org where you will find copies of the records up to 1865.
If you need these for applying for Italian citizenship then you need to write to the two towns (google Comune di.... for the mail address and/or email)
Both towns records are complete for the years you need.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
njb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 14:28

Re: Next Step for Birth Certificates

Post by njb »

These documents will be for citizenship.

I've tried emailing Palermo, but I never received a response. Should I have better luck sending a request in the mail? What information or forms should I include? Similarly for Naples.
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Next Step for Birth Certificates

Post by Italysearcher »

I would try by mail. Include a copy of some photo ID and an addressed envelope (no stamp)
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Post Reply