I've hit a stumbling block while collecting documents. My second great grandparents were both born in Italy and I have all of the information to find their birth certificates, but I've been given the run-around on who to contact to actually request them.
Second great grandmother
Antonina Renna
DOB: 5 March 1876
Location: Palermo, Palermo
Father: Pasquale Renna
Mother: Rosa Triolo
Index: office 1, volume 105, number 584
I've sent this information to the archival organization and the civil registry office but received no response.
Second great grandfather
Pasquale Boccio
DOB: 15 or 20 August 1877
Location: San Giuseppe, Napoli
Father: Vincenzo Boccio
Mother: Rosa Rosiello
Again, I've been referred to three or four different organizations and still haven't come up with a proper response. I also understand that Naples' civil records are very spotty between 1865 and 1900.
Will I be better off hiring a service to obtain these documents? Especially since I have such specific information?
Next Step for Birth Certificates
Re: Next Step for Birth Certificates
Bump, this thread was just approved.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Next Step for Birth Certificates
It really depends on why you want them. For family history research check out www.antenati.it or www.familysearch.org where you will find copies of the records up to 1865.
If you need these for applying for Italian citizenship then you need to write to the two towns (google Comune di.... for the mail address and/or email)
Both towns records are complete for the years you need.
If you need these for applying for Italian citizenship then you need to write to the two towns (google Comune di.... for the mail address and/or email)
Both towns records are complete for the years you need.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Next Step for Birth Certificates
These documents will be for citizenship.
I've tried emailing Palermo, but I never received a response. Should I have better luck sending a request in the mail? What information or forms should I include? Similarly for Naples.
I've tried emailing Palermo, but I never received a response. Should I have better luck sending a request in the mail? What information or forms should I include? Similarly for Naples.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Next Step for Birth Certificates
I would try by mail. Include a copy of some photo ID and an addressed envelope (no stamp)
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
