Hi all,
Searching for any articles or obituary pertaining to the 1956 death of Pasquale “Patsy” Jannuzzi. He died in a plane crash, which was sightseeing around Newark airport in 1956 (possibly in September, which is when his death took place according to his SSN Death report). I’m told by family members all 11 passengers died onboard, excluding the pilot. Apparently Patsy’s mother left a movie theatre and was handed a newspaper by a paperboy, and this is how she found out her son had been killed. I am yet to find any documentation about this story. I’d appreciate any help locating a newspaper article or obituary regarding this incident.
Thank you all!
1956 Newark Plane Crash, Pasquale Jannuzzi
Re: 1956 Newark Plane Crash, Pasquale Jannuzzi
Tanner -
The crash actually occurred in March 1929. Here are some articles - the quality is not great but there is a picture of Pasquale.
https://imgur.com/gallery/crSXjkn
https://imgur.com/gallery/z7OgQuX
Frank
The crash actually occurred in March 1929. Here are some articles - the quality is not great but there is a picture of Pasquale.
https://imgur.com/gallery/crSXjkn
https://imgur.com/gallery/z7OgQuX
Frank
Re: 1956 Newark Plane Crash, Pasquale Jannuzzi
Frank,
Once again, thank you so much, you have been pivotal in helping me with my “brick walls!” I can’t make out most of the text, but I recognize the picture of Pasquale! Thank you!
Once again, thank you so much, you have been pivotal in helping me with my “brick walls!” I can’t make out most of the text, but I recognize the picture of Pasquale! Thank you!
Re: 1956 Newark Plane Crash, Pasquale Jannuzzi
Let me know if there is a specific section you want - as I did zoom in on some of it that mentioned Pasquale. I thought it was interest his first flight and he and his friend paid $5 for a ticket. (page 2 of the Jersey Journal). If you get to Jersey City you may want to visit the Library Reference Room and ask for the entire paper.
WIth brickwallls, I have always found that they more eyes you have the greater the chances of success. I have been helped by so many wonderful people over this crazy 30 year hobby - that I will always pay it forward.
WIth brickwallls, I have always found that they more eyes you have the greater the chances of success. I have been helped by so many wonderful people over this crazy 30 year hobby - that I will always pay it forward.
-
Daddymooza
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 07 Apr 2015, 16:41
Re: 1956 Newark Plane Crash, Pasquale Jannuzzi
Frank,
You have done more than enough, I can read it good enough to get the gist. Interesting how he went as Patrick and not Pasquale, I always thought and anglicizing of names was both sad and interesting.
and oh my gosh, that picture is amazing! I’ll have to buy that from amazon, I can’t believe it! Thank you so much!
You have done more than enough, I can read it good enough to get the gist. Interesting how he went as Patrick and not Pasquale, I always thought and anglicizing of names was both sad and interesting.
and oh my gosh, that picture is amazing! I’ll have to buy that from amazon, I can’t believe it! Thank you so much!
Re: 1956 Newark Plane Crash, Pasquale Jannuzzi
I suspect he went by the name Pat and the newspaper people assumed Patrick but I could not confirm via an obit or death notice.
Here is some information from the March 19 paper on his funeral. I am very surprise that the church as Mt. Carmel R.C. since this is a Polish church that handled some of my relatives funerals/christenting, etc.
https://imgur.com/a/4LpXN3t
Here is some information from the March 19 paper on his funeral. I am very surprise that the church as Mt. Carmel R.C. since this is a Polish church that handled some of my relatives funerals/christenting, etc.
https://imgur.com/a/4LpXN3t
Re: 1956 Newark Plane Crash, Pasquale Jannuzzi
Here are links to additional coverage of the crash in NY newspapers...
Schenectady Gazette - 18 March 1929
Far right columns...
http://fultonhistory.com/highlighter/hi ... Page=false
And from The Saratogian - 18 March 1929
http://fultonhistory.com/highlighter/hi ... Page=false
T.
Schenectady Gazette - 18 March 1929
Far right columns...
http://fultonhistory.com/highlighter/hi ... Page=false
And from The Saratogian - 18 March 1929
http://fultonhistory.com/highlighter/hi ... Page=false
T.
Re: 1956 Newark Plane Crash, Pasquale Jannuzzi
I had no idea this was a Polish Church. I own the baptismal document for Pasquale’s brother Francesco. It is all in Italian and refers to the church as “Chiesa Della Madonna Del Carmine Jersey City.” Maybe this is a different church? Colello is a family name, his mother’s maiden name so he must’ve been buried with relatives, probably becuase it was an availible plot. Very interesting story, like out of a movie! Thank you all for the information!

