Women's Middle name

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
tbandwen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 13 Dec 2018, 14:13

Women's Middle name

Post by tbandwen »

I am researching my great grandmothers from Cesaro Sicily and both of them have three names. One's maiden name is Pagona Rantone Giuseppa. Does anyone know if the middle name is a family name? I see three names on other peoples documents and I cannot figure it out. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Tom
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Women's Middle name

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi there

Welcome to the form :)

Can you please post a link to the record that you are referring to for us to look at.

Angela
tbandwen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 13 Dec 2018, 14:13

Re: Women's Middle name

Post by tbandwen »

Please see attached.
Thank You
Tom
Antonino & Rosario.jpg
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Women's Middle name

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I'm reading Giuseppa Pagana Rantone. It seems that is a double name. On taking a quick look, Rantone seems to appear as the second name in double surnames? Maybe someone else could take a look as well.

Angela
tbandwen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 13 Dec 2018, 14:13

Re: Women's Middle name

Post by tbandwen »

In the next line there is another double name for Saraniti and another one for Spitilieria.
Tom
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Women's Middle name

Post by liviomoreno »

I've gone through the marriages in Cesarò and reached the conclusion that It is just a double surname. In the following example both spouses have a double surname: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946858
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Women's Middle name

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I totally agree that it is a double surname, Livio. There seems to be quite a few double surnames in the town. Even looking at Marriage Record No 13 (in the first image posted here) there are double surnames there.

Angela
Post Reply