I am researching my great grandmothers from Cesaro Sicily and both of them have three names. One's maiden name is Pagona Rantone Giuseppa. Does anyone know if the middle name is a family name? I see three names on other peoples documents and I cannot figure it out. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Tom
Women's Middle name
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Women's Middle name
Hi there
Welcome to the form
Can you please post a link to the record that you are referring to for us to look at.
Angela
Welcome to the form
Can you please post a link to the record that you are referring to for us to look at.
Angela
Re: Women's Middle name
Please see attached.
Thank You
Tom
Thank You
Tom
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Women's Middle name
I'm reading Giuseppa Pagana Rantone. It seems that is a double name. On taking a quick look, Rantone seems to appear as the second name in double surnames? Maybe someone else could take a look as well.
Angela
Angela
Re: Women's Middle name
In the next line there is another double name for Saraniti and another one for Spitilieria.
Tom
Tom
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Women's Middle name
I've gone through the marriages in Cesarò and reached the conclusion that It is just a double surname. In the following example both spouses have a double surname: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946858
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Women's Middle name
I totally agree that it is a double surname, Livio. There seems to be quite a few double surnames in the town. Even looking at Marriage Record No 13 (in the first image posted here) there are double surnames there.
Angela
Angela
