Hi!
I am hoping to find some information about my great grandparents: Raffael Chilleri and Angelina Tragila. I originally was told they were from Sicily and came to the US In the early 1900’s.
My research so far shows that my great grandfather might have come from San Giacomo, not Sicily. Any Chilleri’s I have made contact with in Italy do not seem to know of Raffael. He possibly had a twin brother. And a cousin? Named Umberto.
SmAs for the Tragila’s, I’m even more clueless!
Any info would be great! Thank you!
Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s
Re: Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s
Here is the birth record of Angela Traglia from San Giacomo degli Schiavoni, province of Campobasso:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
The side note states she married Raffaele Chilleri on Dec 12th, 1909 in San Giacomo.
It's very weird that I couldn't find Raffaele's birth record, though there are some Chilleri, included Umberto.
Also, it's weird that the other side note states she died in 18984 in Como (but that can be a mistake...maybe there was some other woman who went by the same name)
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html
The side note states she married Raffaele Chilleri on Dec 12th, 1909 in San Giacomo.
It's very weird that I couldn't find Raffaele's birth record, though there are some Chilleri, included Umberto.
Also, it's weird that the other side note states she died in 18984 in Como (but that can be a mistake...maybe there was some other woman who went by the same name)
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s
According to his ship manifest of 1910:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704
Umberto was his brother.
This is his birth record. To add mistery, Umberto was born in Naples:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 1.jpg.html
One question: is this page yours?
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/120410026
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704
Umberto was his brother.
This is his birth record. To add mistery, Umberto was born in Naples:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 1.jpg.html
One question: is this page yours?
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/120410026
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s
That was my grandfather, yes. My cousin posted that information I believe.
I know Angela was alive and well in America until the 1950’s I think. Raffael lived until the 1970’s.
I know Angela was alive and well in America until the 1950’s I think. Raffael lived until the 1970’s.
Re: Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s
I was always told that I was part Sicilian but there doesn’t seem to be any evidence of that.
I’ve come across this which has both surnames and even mentions the location in PA that they resides in
http://www.oocities.org/arvoredoslafrat ... rticle.pdf
I’ve come across this which has both surnames and even mentions the location in PA that they resides in
http://www.oocities.org/arvoredoslafrat ... rticle.pdf
-
akilliri@aol.com
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Jun 2024, 22:54
Re: Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s
I am also looking for my Great Grandfather Raffael Chilleri. I tried to translate Umberto's birth record and am having a hard time. Does the birth record for Umberto say where in Naples he was born?
