Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Nkilleri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Apr 2019, 09:12

Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s

Post by Nkilleri »

Hi!
I am hoping to find some information about my great grandparents: Raffael Chilleri and Angelina Tragila. I originally was told they were from Sicily and came to the US In the early 1900’s.
My research so far shows that my great grandfather might have come from San Giacomo, not Sicily. Any Chilleri’s I have made contact with in Italy do not seem to know of Raffael. He possibly had a twin brother. And a cousin? Named Umberto.
SmAs for the Tragila’s, I’m even more clueless!

Any info would be great! Thank you!
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s

Post by PippoM »

Here is the birth record of Angela Traglia from San Giacomo degli Schiavoni, province of Campobasso:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 5.jpg.html

The side note states she married Raffaele Chilleri on Dec 12th, 1909 in San Giacomo.
It's very weird that I couldn't find Raffaele's birth record, though there are some Chilleri, included Umberto.
Also, it's weird that the other side note states she died in 18984 in Como (but that can be a mistake...maybe there was some other woman who went by the same name)
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s

Post by PippoM »

According to his ship manifest of 1910:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704

Umberto was his brother.
This is his birth record. To add mistery, Umberto was born in Naples:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 1.jpg.html

One question: is this page yours?

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/120410026
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Nkilleri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Apr 2019, 09:12

Re: Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s

Post by Nkilleri »

That was my grandfather, yes. My cousin posted that information I believe.

I know Angela was alive and well in America until the 1950’s I think. Raffael lived until the 1970’s.
Nkilleri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Apr 2019, 09:12

Re: Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s

Post by Nkilleri »

I was always told that I was part Sicilian but there doesn’t seem to be any evidence of that.

I’ve come across this which has both surnames and even mentions the location in PA that they resides in
http://www.oocities.org/arvoredoslafrat ... rticle.pdf
akilliri@aol.com
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 13 Jun 2024, 22:54

Re: Looking for Chilleri’s and/or Traglia’s

Post by akilliri@aol.com »

I am also looking for my Great Grandfather Raffael Chilleri. I tried to translate Umberto's birth record and am having a hard time. Does the birth record for Umberto say where in Naples he was born?
Post Reply