Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascuzzi.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
missjessie
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 14 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: usa

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by missjessie »

The name Oresto in the 1930 census that was posted is the only thing that doesn't match up. My mother said everything sounds exact. But, she had a sister named OrestA. Could they have made a mistake on the census?


Also, how much do you have pay for birth records? Will it matter if I don't have the date of marriage?
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by jcsm400 »

Mistakes on censuses were made all the time. But....Your mother was a Chirillo (?)....and the 1930 posted census was for Pascuzzi.

Some say the records are free & others say you should send $5/10.00 for each (can send small amount like this in cash).

Whose marriage? If I'm reading everything right, Giuseppe Chirillo & Theresa Pascuzzi must likely married in PA about 1915/1916. The others should be on the LDS films.


Clear as mud????? Hope not!
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by suanj »

me too Lisa.. no luck... perhpas later.... kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by wldspirit »

Not enough info to make accurate determination.......the census looks like a good fit, and Oresto is sure Oresta.......the best way for this research is to start with yourself and obtain documentation for each person working backwards, that way you are certain of names, dates and places.
Good Luck with your research,
wldspirit

hugs to you Suanj....... :D
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by suanj »

missjessie wrote:Wow. Thank you guys so much for looking for all this information. Yolanda my grandmother was born 1919 so that's correct. I'm looking for manifests for Teresa, her mother Paulina (not sure if she was born in italy, but I'm guessing) and Giuseppe. I believe that another spelling for Pascuzzi could be Pascucci?
HI Paulina( Paolina) sure born in Italy, because also Teresa in 1920 is listed as italian and born abt 1899; they are emigrated abt 1902/3 ... about the spelling Pascuzzi is right, but also exist Pascucci but is no your case: in Gizzeria is Pascucci right spelling.. suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by jcsm400 »

Ok everyone.





Please clarify for me.......on the 1920 Therese Chirillo is listed with her mother Margaret Valentine, not a Paulina. Sorry, I can't figure it out! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by suanj »

In fact ... I don't have many free time in this days, and so no read very well all postings, but Margareth Valentine who is..? More: Chirillo Teresa... is married surname.. I think of yes as usual... and why don't is also Giuseppe Chirillo listed? perhaps is better to remake some point .. suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by brujaojos »

suanj wrote:More: Chirillo Teresa... is married surname.. I think of yes as usual... and why don't is also Giuseppe Chirillo listed? perhaps is better to remake some point .. suanj
Hi Suanj,

I posted what I "could be" Giuseppe Chirillo's WWI Draft Card. If this is him, then this would explain why Teresa was living with another family in the 1920 census for Giuseppe could have actually got drafted and went to war.

Name: Giuseppe Chirillo
City: Pittsburgh
County: Allegheny
State: Pennsylvania
Birth Date: Jul 1884
Race: White
Roll: 1907961
DraftBoard: 1

Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by suanj »

yes Trish it could be.. peace and love, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by jcsm400 »

I'm probably showing my ignorance, but didn't WWI end in 1918? I would think by 1920, anyone who was drafted would have been discharged, 'cause weren't they drafted only for duration of the war?
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
MaxIT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by MaxIT »

The right spellings are Chirillo, Pascuzzo and Villella.

Visit the site
http://www.iannazzo.it/gizzeria
and ask into the forum, you will get for sure a complete answer.

Bye
User avatar
MaxIT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by MaxIT »

I forgot to tell you that Pavolo is the Gizzeria's dialect way to say Paolo.
The name Pascuzzi follows from the fact that in dialect people declinate surnames,
for instance Pascuzzo for a woman become Pascuzza, for a family become Pascuzzi, but in the
civil record it is always Pascuzzo.

Bye,
User avatar
missjessie
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 14 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: usa

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by missjessie »

I posted on the Gizzeria forum and my god. Bruno over at the forums emailed me back with so much info going back to my great great great great-grandparents. He said there is information going back to 1750s. That I even have relatives still living in Gizzeria. This is just so amazing. I want to thank you all for helping finding this information. It means so much. I can't tell you how greatful I am for the time you've spent searching. Thank You, Thank You.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi missjessie,

I am so glad that we were able to help & that your research is going so well.

If you need any more assistance, you know where to come!
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Post Reply