Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascuzzi.
- missjessie
- Rookie

- Posts: 35
- Joined: 14 Nov 2005, 00:00
- Location: usa
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
The name Oresto in the 1930 census that was posted is the only thing that doesn't match up. My mother said everything sounds exact. But, she had a sister named OrestA. Could they have made a mistake on the census?
Also, how much do you have pay for birth records? Will it matter if I don't have the date of marriage?
Also, how much do you have pay for birth records? Will it matter if I don't have the date of marriage?
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
Mistakes on censuses were made all the time. But....Your mother was a Chirillo (?)....and the 1930 posted census was for Pascuzzi.
Some say the records are free & others say you should send $5/10.00 for each (can send small amount like this in cash).
Whose marriage? If I'm reading everything right, Giuseppe Chirillo & Theresa Pascuzzi must likely married in PA about 1915/1916. The others should be on the LDS films.
Clear as mud????? Hope not!
Some say the records are free & others say you should send $5/10.00 for each (can send small amount like this in cash).
Whose marriage? If I'm reading everything right, Giuseppe Chirillo & Theresa Pascuzzi must likely married in PA about 1915/1916. The others should be on the LDS films.
Clear as mud????? Hope not!
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
me too Lisa.. no luck... perhpas later.... kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
Not enough info to make accurate determination.......the census looks like a good fit, and Oresto is sure Oresta.......the best way for this research is to start with yourself and obtain documentation for each person working backwards, that way you are certain of names, dates and places.
Good Luck with your research,
wldspirit
hugs to you Suanj.......
Good Luck with your research,
wldspirit
hugs to you Suanj.......
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
HI Paulina( Paolina) sure born in Italy, because also Teresa in 1920 is listed as italian and born abt 1899; they are emigrated abt 1902/3 ... about the spelling Pascuzzi is right, but also exist Pascucci but is no your case: in Gizzeria is Pascucci right spelling.. suanjmissjessie wrote:Wow. Thank you guys so much for looking for all this information. Yolanda my grandmother was born 1919 so that's correct. I'm looking for manifests for Teresa, her mother Paulina (not sure if she was born in italy, but I'm guessing) and Giuseppe. I believe that another spelling for Pascuzzi could be Pascucci?
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
Ok everyone.
Please clarify for me.......on the 1920 Therese Chirillo is listed with her mother Margaret Valentine, not a Paulina. Sorry, I can't figure it out!

Please clarify for me.......on the 1920 Therese Chirillo is listed with her mother Margaret Valentine, not a Paulina. Sorry, I can't figure it out!
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
In fact ... I don't have many free time in this days, and so no read very well all postings, but Margareth Valentine who is..? More: Chirillo Teresa... is married surname.. I think of yes as usual... and why don't is also Giuseppe Chirillo listed? perhaps is better to remake some point .. suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
Hi Suanj,suanj wrote:More: Chirillo Teresa... is married surname.. I think of yes as usual... and why don't is also Giuseppe Chirillo listed? perhaps is better to remake some point .. suanj
I posted what I "could be" Giuseppe Chirillo's WWI Draft Card. If this is him, then this would explain why Teresa was living with another family in the 1920 census for Giuseppe could have actually got drafted and went to war.
Name: Giuseppe Chirillo
City: Pittsburgh
County: Allegheny
State: Pennsylvania
Birth Date: Jul 1884
Race: White
Roll: 1907961
DraftBoard: 1
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
yes Trish it could be.. peace and love, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
I'm probably showing my ignorance, but didn't WWI end in 1918? I would think by 1920, anyone who was drafted would have been discharged, 'cause weren't they drafted only for duration of the war?
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
The right spellings are Chirillo, Pascuzzo and Villella.
Visit the site
http://www.iannazzo.it/gizzeria
and ask into the forum, you will get for sure a complete answer.
Bye
Visit the site
http://www.iannazzo.it/gizzeria
and ask into the forum, you will get for sure a complete answer.
Bye
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
I forgot to tell you that Pavolo is the Gizzeria's dialect way to say Paolo.
The name Pascuzzi follows from the fact that in dialect people declinate surnames,
for instance Pascuzzo for a woman become Pascuzza, for a family become Pascuzzi, but in the
civil record it is always Pascuzzo.
Bye,
The name Pascuzzi follows from the fact that in dialect people declinate surnames,
for instance Pascuzzo for a woman become Pascuzza, for a family become Pascuzzi, but in the
civil record it is always Pascuzzo.
Bye,
- missjessie
- Rookie

- Posts: 35
- Joined: 14 Nov 2005, 00:00
- Location: usa
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
I posted on the Gizzeria forum and my god. Bruno over at the forums emailed me back with so much info going back to my great great great great-grandparents. He said there is information going back to 1750s. That I even have relatives still living in Gizzeria. This is just so amazing. I want to thank you all for helping finding this information. It means so much. I can't tell you how greatful I am for the time you've spent searching. Thank You, Thank You.
Re: Need info on Great-Grandparents G. Chirillo and T. Pascu
Hi missjessie,
I am so glad that we were able to help & that your research is going so well.
If you need any more assistance, you know where to come!
I am so glad that we were able to help & that your research is going so well.
If you need any more assistance, you know where to come!
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.


