Help with identification/translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

poliquie wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 11:37 Is it Feb 14, 1888? Because that is what I have for his DOB on his Naturalization paperwork
Definitely not. The birth was registered on 10 February 1888 and he was born on 9 February 1888. The Naturalization paperwork is in error.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

poliquie wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 11:38 Okay, we crossed paths.... That was close enough. I had Rosa DOB a day different, and on the naturalization paperwork it said June 24.... But as I have found, the DOB are very loosely related at times
You were possibily looking at the date her birth was registered, which was 28 June 1892, but then half way down the record you will see that she was born on 27 June 1892.

Angela :)
Afoutlaw163
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 28 Aug 2020, 06:02

Re: Help with identification/translation

Post by Afoutlaw163 »

I know this post is a few years old but my great grandfather is Giuseppe Sgroi born 14 May 1879 who was the son of a Salvatore Sgroi and Carmela LoCicero. They are from San Giuseppe Jato. Probably a relation maybe.
Post Reply