Hi,
Could someone please help me translate this birth record for Armando Casci. It is from 1903 but I believe he was born much earlier than this, but can't find a birth record in the correct year, so trying to understand what's going on?
Thank you very much in advance.
Casci translation
- MichaelSerchio
- Rookie

- Posts: 88
- Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 00:00
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
Re: Casci translation
Yes, you might have found the correct one.
On Oct 8th, 1903, the Registrar of Barga received a certified copy of a birth act from Armando Casci.
The record was #383 of Apr 2nd, 1883 from Digione (I guess Dijon, in France)
It is about the birth of Antonio Armando Giovanni Casci, son of Giuseppe Casci, "lavorante in gesso" (?) = "plaster modeler" (I hope this can be a good translation), and Maria Zannella, on Apr 1st, 1883, in Digione.
The parents had married on Feb 25th, 1881 in Barga.
On Oct 8th, 1903, the Registrar of Barga received a certified copy of a birth act from Armando Casci.
The record was #383 of Apr 2nd, 1883 from Digione (I guess Dijon, in France)
It is about the birth of Antonio Armando Giovanni Casci, son of Giuseppe Casci, "lavorante in gesso" (?) = "plaster modeler" (I hope this can be a good translation), and Maria Zannella, on Apr 1st, 1883, in Digione.
The parents had married on Feb 25th, 1881 in Barga.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
- MichaelSerchio
- Rookie

- Posts: 88
- Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 00:00
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Contact:
Re: Casci translation
Thank you very much, this is really helpful.
Can you please confirm the mother's maiden name. I was expecting this to be Gonnella, and I think I can see Gonnella near the end of the record?
Can you please confirm the mother's maiden name. I was expecting this to be Gonnella, and I think I can see Gonnella near the end of the record?
Re: Casci translation
Maria Gonnella
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=820379
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=820379
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
