Casci translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
MichaelSerchio
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 88
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 00:00
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Casci translation

Post by MichaelSerchio »

Hi,
Could someone please help me translate this birth record for Armando Casci. It is from 1903 but I believe he was born much earlier than this, but can't find a birth record in the correct year, so trying to understand what's going on?
Thank you very much in advance.
Casci.jpg
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Casci translation

Post by PippoM »

Yes, you might have found the correct one.
On Oct 8th, 1903, the Registrar of Barga received a certified copy of a birth act from Armando Casci.
The record was #383 of Apr 2nd, 1883 from Digione (I guess Dijon, in France)
It is about the birth of Antonio Armando Giovanni Casci, son of Giuseppe Casci, "lavorante in gesso" (?) = "plaster modeler" (I hope this can be a good translation), and Maria Zannella, on Apr 1st, 1883, in Digione.
The parents had married on Feb 25th, 1881 in Barga.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
MichaelSerchio
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 88
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 00:00
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Casci translation

Post by MichaelSerchio »

Thank you very much, this is really helpful.
Can you please confirm the mother's maiden name. I was expecting this to be Gonnella, and I think I can see Gonnella near the end of the record?
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Casci translation

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Post Reply