Spena o De Spenis family of Naples

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Spena o De Spenis family of Naples

Post by poliquie »

I recently learned that my great grandmother Raffaela Ferro, was the daughter of Francesco Ferro and Giovanna Spena from Frattamaggiore, Italy. Giovanna is the daughter of Don Giuseppe Spena with direct descedents of the Counts Giovanni, Antnio and Matteo Spena of Naples.

I wonder if any of the Italy members might have access to Historical info regarding this family, that may help with my genealogy quest? I have not been able to find any sources here in the US.

I appreciate any help that you may be able to offer.

Grazie, Eva
luigirusso007
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 103
Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 07:11
Location: Napoli, Italy
Contact:

Re: Spena o De Spenis family of Naples

Post by luigirusso007 »

for historical information on the Spena family.
It is not certain that they had the title of count.


http://www.nobili-napoletani.it/Spena.htm
poliquie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 13:29

Re: Spena o De Spenis family of Naples

Post by poliquie »

Grazie Luigi

I did find that article online, and translated it into English but it wasn’t really informative regarding my specific family line. I was trying to see if there were any other resources to further verify or deny the information.
Post Reply