I recently learned that my great grandmother Raffaela Ferro, was the daughter of Francesco Ferro and Giovanna Spena from Frattamaggiore, Italy. Giovanna is the daughter of Don Giuseppe Spena with direct descedents of the Counts Giovanni, Antnio and Matteo Spena of Naples.
I wonder if any of the Italy members might have access to Historical info regarding this family, that may help with my genealogy quest? I have not been able to find any sources here in the US.
I appreciate any help that you may be able to offer.
Grazie, Eva
Spena o De Spenis family of Naples
-
luigirusso007
- Veteran

- Posts: 103
- Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 07:11
- Location: Napoli, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Spena o De Spenis family of Naples
for historical information on the Spena family.
It is not certain that they had the title of count.
http://www.nobili-napoletani.it/Spena.htm
It is not certain that they had the title of count.
http://www.nobili-napoletani.it/Spena.htm
Luigi
luigirusso07@libero.it
luigirusso07@libero.it
Re: Spena o De Spenis family of Naples
Grazie Luigi
I did find that article online, and translated it into English but it wasn’t really informative regarding my specific family line. I was trying to see if there were any other resources to further verify or deny the information.
I did find that article online, and translated it into English but it wasn’t really informative regarding my specific family line. I was trying to see if there were any other resources to further verify or deny the information.