I am income damaged by COVID-19 so am seeking to do a DIY application, but I could consider sensibly prices lawyers/translators too.
Just wondering what people's experience has been. Are they kind and helpful at the Consul, or should we be accompanied by lawyers to ensure we are treated well? Presumably, as long as we have 99% of the documents that are requested,then they should be nice? I have minor discrepanies in my available documents, so I am wondering if I should bring a lawyer with me.
Also: I am looking to hire a normal translator, instead of one with "traduttore giurato", do you think this is fine? I don't see any rules about translator qualifications.
Any advice would be appreciated! Grazie!
Consul appointments: should we bring a lawyer?
Re: Consul appointments: should we bring a lawyer?
Lawyer? Absolutely NOT!!!
Avepally through Fiverr did my translations. Excellent work and reasonable. You will find others as well.
At the consulate, you will find the evaluator to be competent and businesslike. If there are issues that need correction, he/she will inform you. Btw, the appointment is for YOU; a lawyer will not be permitted to accompany you.
Avepally through Fiverr did my translations. Excellent work and reasonable. You will find others as well.
At the consulate, you will find the evaluator to be competent and businesslike. If there are issues that need correction, he/she will inform you. Btw, the appointment is for YOU; a lawyer will not be permitted to accompany you.
Re: Consul appointments: should we bring a lawyer?
Thanks for the ideas! Ill check Fiver. Would you hire a lawyer at any stage? Or just present the documents and hope for the best?
If something doesn’t emerge this month, ill be applying with baptism and military records instead of a birth certificate for my ancestor.. my ancestor was born 1851 which is before Rome kept birth certificates. do you think that I could be treated negatively for that? Thanks
If something doesn’t emerge this month, ill be applying with baptism and military records instead of a birth certificate for my ancestor.. my ancestor was born 1851 which is before Rome kept birth certificates. do you think that I could be treated negatively for that? Thanks
Re: Consul appointments: should we bring a lawyer?
No lawyer at any stage unless you are a 1948 applicant. Bring what you have at your appointment. They will review your documentation and tell you what, if anything, needs to be added or corrected.
Re: Consul appointments: should we bring a lawyer?
FYI: you aren't permitted to bring a lawyer in, nor any guest. Only the applicant may attend!

