Hybrid 1948 / Consulate case - ICA package levels

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
bmorocco
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 37
Joined: 22 Apr 2021, 07:19
Location: Los Angeles CA USA

Hybrid 1948 / Consulate case - ICA package levels

Post by bmorocco »

I am well on my way (using ICA) as I just received confirmation of NO RECORD OF NATURALIZATION for my great grandfather, Joseph Talone.

Mine will be a 1948 case, since his daughter was my grandmother, and my mother was born in 1946. However, I have been pursuing dual citizenship with my mother's younger brother, who was born in 1955... Sooooo

At this point we have to split up because at time of his birth (after 1948) my grandmother was then "carrying" her inherited Italian citizenship.

My question is Does anyone have input on whether my Uncle could pursue consulate recognition on his own, or perhaps just step down a level of pricing?

Instead of one umbrella case we are now two. The Fees are not out of reach, and I am determined to go through with the court case. But I am having a hard time now convincing my relative to continue...
but I am wondering if it would be practical to STEP DOWN a level in pricing for the Consulate case.

Has anyone used the HELPER levels through ICA?
Thanks,
Bill Morocco

Names in my family I'm working on: Muraca, Moraca, Santelli, Tolone, Patituccio, Castelucci, Grandinetti
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Hybrid 1948 / Consulate case - ICA package levels

Post by mler »

It is my understanding that the courts will not consider a citizenship recognition case if there is a viable path through the consulate. That would mean two separate cases—your uncle’s through the consulate, and yours, through the courts.

Unless you need help obtaining documents, the consulate case should not require any assistance.
afecad
Elite
Elite
Posts: 341
Joined: 09 Sep 2020, 21:34
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Hybrid 1948 / Consulate case - ICA package levels

Post by afecad »

I'm using ICA and they include multiple family members at no additional cost. I would just explain your request for clarification.
Post Reply