Having trouble with handwriting

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

Angiolo birth register from above post.
Attachments
Angiolo Petracca birth register.png
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

Last one is Sabatino Lazazzera’s mom. I see her name as Maria Rosa ? age 25 at time of Sabatino birth. And his birth register (the very last line, 151) Donato age 33 at time of his birth.
Attachments
Sabatino Lazazzera birth.png
Sabatino lazazzera birth register.png
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by mmogno »

Maria Rosa Perrella, 25 yo.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

mmogno wrote: 15 Jun 2023, 22:00 Maria Rosa Perrella, 25 yo.
Thank you so much! Are you able to make out any of the last names on my other posts from today? I split them up but there was like 4 before this one. Rosanna’s mom, Emilia V, Angiolo’s mom Domenica B, or Giuseppe Nicola’s mom Agostina ? I think I have their ages correct. Just the last names are hard to make out.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by mmogno »

Brad19M wrote: 16 Jun 2023, 03:05 Rosanna’s mom, Emilia Vecchiarelli
Angiolo’s mom, Domenica Bartimoccia
Giuseppe Nicola’s, mom Agostina Ialungo/Jalungo
Consider that URL is better than screenshot
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

Thank you again for these others. I will try to figure out how to do a url in the future. I had to save them from the family search library since I can’t access this comune from home.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by mmogno »

Vital records for Bagnoli del Trigno from Antenati:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... l%20Trigno
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

mmogno wrote: 16 Jun 2023, 18:23 Vital records for Bagnoli del Trigno from Antenati:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... l%20Trigno
This is awesome! It has everything and I’m not restricted to the family center hours.
I found Agostina marriage certificate, the last name looks clearer than the other certificates. I didn’t know if it would help be more definitive La Lungo or Ja Lungo?
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 51/0A4jvyN
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by mmogno »

Check "Italia in dettaglio" - Molise for the surnames (at present) really existing in a given region
https://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cogno ... olise.html
Immagine 2023-06-17 145757.jpg
Processetti
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 46/LpAgjeq

Birth record #79 for Agostina Ialungo (Dob May 19, 1820)
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 41/5gKo7a2
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

I can’t thank you enough! I will be using Italia in dettaglio and the previous site now going forward for my research.
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

Have one more I found today…. I cannot figure out Michele’s mother’s name. I think it’s Rosalia but the first letter kind of looks like a V.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 49/w1pXKzJ

Michele Petracca (age 23)
Donato Petracca and Rosalia? Moccia

Domenica Bartimoccia (age 21)
Gioacchino Bartimoccia and Antonia Cimaglia
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

Thank you for this info!!! I’ve haven’t looked before at the processetti but seeing what’s in there I’m going to start.
User avatar
Brad19M
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 31 Jan 2011, 17:23

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by Brad19M »

I can make out it looks like May 20th 1843 for Domenico di Gregorio but cannot make out much more as to what it is for. Any help?

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 67/5KMal1j
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Having trouble with handwriting

Post by mmogno »

Record #20 on March 20, 1843. Domenico di Gregorio, 35 yo, passed away on March 18, 1843 in Bagnoli. He was born in Bagnoli, the son of Saverio and Rosa di Blasio, both deceased, and Antonia Lippucci's husband.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 10/5VK1p3g
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Post Reply