Latona from Campofelice

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Latona from Campofelice

Post by Tessa78 »

These are the "V" towns in Palermo Province

Valledolmo, Ventimiglia di Sicilia, Vicari, Villabate, Villafrati.

Frazioni...
There is also a village called "Verdi," that belongs to the comune of Petralia Soprana.
Also the village of "Villaciambra" belonging to the town of Monreale.
There are also 2 villages with the name "Villagrazia", one belongs to the city of Palermo, and one belongs to the town of Carini.
Also belonging to the city of Palermo is a village named "Villamaio."
The village of "Villaurea" belongs to the comune of Termini Imerese

T.
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: Latona from Campofelice

Post by rlw254 »

Where are the parents' names Salvatore and Santa coming from?

Another user on ancestry.com has her as a child of Pasquale Latona & Giuseppa Gennuso of Valledolmo but I'm not seeing a birth for her here either. The births for 1885 are not completely indexed but I just checked the rest of the year page-by-page and she's not there. The couple does have a suspicious gap in their children between 1883 - 1887 but it doesn't seem to be someone that was registered in Valledolmo if they had a kid in 1885ish.

Looking at the blurry obituary again I could be convinced that the first letter is an N or an M, just to add some options.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
User avatar
parkergambino
Elite
Elite
Posts: 327
Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28

Re: Latona from Campofelice

Post by parkergambino »

For what its worth, there is a long list of Ellis Island immigrants named Riscili from Vicari.

Parker
User avatar
parkergambino
Elite
Elite
Posts: 327
Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28

Re: Latona from Campofelice

Post by parkergambino »

I don't know if this information is already available,

This Find-A-Grave link connects to the burials of Paolina and Joseph, as well as their 8 children. The clear origin for both is "Vicari, Città Metropolitana di Palermo, Sicilia, Italy". It seems to indicate that they were married in 1905.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/112 ... ph-riscili

Perhaps some document search (marriage, death certificate) in the USA will provide additional data. I don't have time to work on this right now, I'll check back in a few days.

Parker
User avatar
parkergambino
Elite
Elite
Posts: 327
Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28

Re: Latona from Campofelice

Post by parkergambino »

OK, just one more document, and have fun puzzling this out!!

Naturalization for Joseph Riscili - these four children align with those shown at the Find-A-Grave site.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ction=view
Good luck!!

Parker
User avatar
parkergambino
Elite
Elite
Posts: 327
Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28

Re: Latona from Campofelice

Post by parkergambino »

Oops! My bad, I must retract my previous post. Children do NOT align as I said. That's what happens when working too late!! Should have quit while I was ahead.

Parker
Post Reply