Latona from Campofelice
Latona from Campofelice
Greetings! I am looking for information on the LaTona family. I am pretty sure that they lived in Campo Felice.
My great-grandmother was Paolina Latona and I believe her parents were Salvatore and Santa. Paolina eventually moved to the US and married Giuseppe Riscili. Paolina was born in Jan 1887.
I'm interested in her birth information, as well as that of her parents.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.. Tom
My great-grandmother was Paolina Latona and I believe her parents were Salvatore and Santa. Paolina eventually moved to the US and married Giuseppe Riscili. Paolina was born in Jan 1887.
I'm interested in her birth information, as well as that of her parents.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.. Tom
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Latona from Campofelice
Have you tried here:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
There are posts on my blog that will help you do the search.
https://angelresearch.net/2020/01/21/ho ... nati-site/
https://angelresearch.wordpress.com/wp- ... ction=edit
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
There are posts on my blog that will help you do the search.
https://angelresearch.net/2020/01/21/ho ... nati-site/
https://angelresearch.wordpress.com/wp- ... ction=edit
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Latona from Campofelice
I am unable to find Paolina's birth act in Campofelice in 1887.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=624836
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=624836
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Latona from Campofelice
Thanks for your help and the links!
I know that they are out there somewhere.
And thanks for the research hints, Italysearcher
I know that they are out there somewhere.
And thanks for the research hints, Italysearcher
Re: Latona from Campofelice
I did find the surname Latona in Campofelice as well as nearby Cerda and Sant'Agata but have not found Paolina quite yet. I am currently unable to find her immigration manifest to help.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Latona from Campofelice
Thank you.. I have tried looking everywhere I can think of and have tried variations on her name hoping that there have just been spelling differences.
I've even gone to the cemetery and hoped for some divine inspiration.
I've even gone to the cemetery and hoped for some divine inspiration.
Re: Latona from Campofelice
Here is the link to the 10 year (1881-1890) index of births in Campofelice.
While there are numerous listings for Latona, there are NONE with father Salvatore.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
T.
While there are numerous listings for Latona, there are NONE with father Salvatore.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
T.
Re: Latona from Campofelice
Pauline Latona
in the New York, U.S., County Marriage Records, 1847-1849, 1907-1936
Add or update information
Report a problem
Name: Pauline Latona
Gender: Female
Spouse: Joseph Riscili
Child: Frances Riscili
Film Number: 000875651
Marty
in the New York, U.S., County Marriage Records, 1847-1849, 1907-1936
Add or update information
Report a problem
Name: Pauline Latona
Gender: Female
Spouse: Joseph Riscili
Child: Frances Riscili
Film Number: 000875651
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Latona from Campofelice
Thanks for checking Tessa. The Campofelice reference was from someone who thought that was what they were told. Her great grandfather was supposedly friends with the Riscili family.
Thanks Adelfio. I have that marriage record. That's how I was first able to get Pauline's last name. The marriage is her daughter Francis.
Thanks Adelfio. I have that marriage record. That's how I was first able to get Pauline's last name. The marriage is her daughter Francis.
Re: Latona from Campofelice
Do you have a clearer version of the obituary posted on ancestry.com? This gives a birthplace but I can't make it out. V- Province of Parlemo [sic]? Very blurry.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Latona from Campofelice
rlw - No, I haven't been able to find a clearer obituary. The archive copy is blurred.
To me it looks like a V..., Province of Palermo, but it doesn't look like Vicari.
To me it looks like a V..., Province of Palermo, but it doesn't look like Vicari.
Re: Latona from Campofelice
Could someone help me translate child #17. It looks like Latona but I can't tell.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Thanks.. Tom
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Thanks.. Tom
Re: Latona from Campofelice
This is Rosalia la Tona born 21 Jan 1877 in Campofelice to parents Vincenzo la Tona, 35, and Giuseppa Cirincione
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Re: Latona from Campofelice
Thanks for the translation. I missed by a bunch, thought I was looking at 1887 records.
Re: Latona from Campofelice
Still haven't been able to find a Latona that matches my Pauline. If I step back, knowing that she and the family were from the Province of Palermo, is there any other way of searching for the family name or do I have to go through town by town?
The town from the blurry obituary looks like it starts with a V. If it's not Valledolmo or Vicari, could there be another town that's just not listed on the family search site?
Thanks... Any help would be appreciated.
Tom
The town from the blurry obituary looks like it starts with a V. If it's not Valledolmo or Vicari, could there be another town that's just not listed on the family search site?
Thanks... Any help would be appreciated.
Tom
