LOOKING FOR INFO ON PALANGE FAMILY

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
DianeSMeng
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jul 2022, 22:16

LOOKING FOR INFO ON PALANGE FAMILY

Post by DianeSMeng »

Ciao! Can you tell me the date of death and place of death for: Giuseppe Antonio Palange DOB 17 Jan 1830 and his spouse Marianna Serena or Sereno DOB Abt 1831, both probably born in Jelsi, Campobasso. Grazie! :)

Diane
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: LOOKING FOR INFO ON PALANGE FAMILY

Post by Farassino »

Ciao.
Link to the family tree just to have a broader picture of the person you’re referring to:
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/9WJZ-B58

In which country was he supposed to have died?
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: LOOKING FOR INFO ON PALANGE FAMILY

Post by Farassino »

Marianna Serena was born in Ielsi on 8 September 1830. #59
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 66/LoRg8GG

Birth act of Giuseppe Antonio Palange (not available on the tree). #6
Born on 16 January 1830
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 66/wjvVnZv

Their wedding. Promessa on 4 October 1851, celebrated on 7 December same year. #23
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 08/0213jqX

Waiting for your comments on Giuseppe Antonio’s death.
Do you know when Marianna died?
DianeSMeng
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jul 2022, 22:16

Re: LOOKING FOR INFO ON PALANGE FAMILY

Post by DianeSMeng »

Grazie Farassino! I don't know where either one died but I'm guessing Jelsi, Campobasso. I don't think they ever came to the U.S.
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: LOOKING FOR INFO ON PALANGE FAMILY

Post by Farassino »

Apparently, when their daughter Filomena dies on 5 June 1898 Giuseppe Antonio and Marianna are both still alive. #41
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 55/wOj6GOG

Couldn’t find either of them between 1898 and 1910 when the online records stop.
Therefore, if they died in Jelsi it was after 1910.
DianeSMeng
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jul 2022, 22:16

Re: LOOKING FOR INFO ON PALANGE FAMILY

Post by DianeSMeng »

Grazie again for trying. I'm on Ancestry so maybe I'll get a hint soon. :D
DianeSMeng
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jul 2022, 22:16

Re: LOOKING FOR INFO ON PALANGE FAMILY

Post by DianeSMeng »

Hi again. "This" Filomena Palange is the wrong one. The one I have in my tree was still alive in later years, I believe, but I could be wrong. Diane
carinamon
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Aug 2024, 03:14

Re: LOOKING FOR INFO ON PALANGE FAMILY

Post by carinamon »

The Palange family name appeared in the United States during the early 20th century. Census data from 1920 shows several Palange families residing in states like New York and Pennsylvania.
Sprunked
DianeSMeng
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jul 2022, 22:16

Re: LOOKING FOR INFO ON PALANGE FAMILY

Post by DianeSMeng »

Thank you so much carinamon. Yes, Ancestry gives me several Palange families. I hope I can find the real info. Grazie again! :)
Post Reply