Hello,
Here in the United States, my Maternal Grandfather's name of Scrignieri is very uncommon. I have traced my great grandfather (Guiseppe Scrignieri, b. 1883) back to Rose, Cosenza. His father was Michael and his mother was Teresa De Rango.
I have no information about them or anyone further back.
Guiseppe appears to also have 3 younger siblings (Antonio, Carmella, & Mary Scrignieri)
I also know his siblings also emmigrated to the United States as they all have documents showing they lived in the states of Pennsylvania.
If anyone has information about this name in and around Rose, I would appreciate it.
Thank you
Joe
Scrignieri from Rose
Re: Scrignieri from Rose
Hi Joe,
I bumped on your request by chance. It’s almost a year old but if you’re still around give us a sign.
I found, only looking very briefly, something that may interest you and more could be found.
The original surname is Sgrignieri.
I bumped on your request by chance. It’s almost a year old but if you’re still around give us a sign.
I found, only looking very briefly, something that may interest you and more could be found.
The original surname is Sgrignieri.
Re: Scrignieri from Rose
Thank you for reaching out Farassino.
It's a well known fact in America that when immigrants arrived and their names were recorded, the spelling was frequently butchered by the person writing down the names. I'm sure accents and unfamiliar names both contributed to this.
I appreciate you reaching out. This may help expand my search to open new doors.
Thank you very much.
It's a well known fact in America that when immigrants arrived and their names were recorded, the spelling was frequently butchered by the person writing down the names. I'm sure accents and unfamiliar names both contributed to this.
I appreciate you reaching out. This may help expand my search to open new doors.
Thank you very much.
Re: Scrignieri from Rose
Birth of sibling Antonio in Rose in 1884
(#83)
Father is Michele Sgrignieri, and mother is Teresina di Rango.
12657/an_ua35957216/
T.
(#83)
Father is Michele Sgrignieri, and mother is Teresina di Rango.
12657/an_ua35957216/
T.
Re: Scrignieri from Rose
Hello Joe, welcome back.
This is Michele Sgrignieri and Teresa Rango Marriage act. 29 November 1875.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... Ge?lang=en
Michele, 28yo, son of Francesco and Chiara Borchetta (deceased)
Teresa, 23yo, born in Marano, daughter of Raffaele and Rosaria Cosentino
(both deceased)
Marriage banns:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... OB?lang=en
This is Michele Sgrignieri and Teresa Rango Marriage act. 29 November 1875.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... Ge?lang=en
Michele, 28yo, son of Francesco and Chiara Borchetta (deceased)
Teresa, 23yo, born in Marano, daughter of Raffaele and Rosaria Cosentino
(both deceased)
Marriage banns:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... OB?lang=en
Re: Scrignieri from Rose
Other Giuseppe’s Siblings
Sgrignieri Rosa Annunciata born 8 April 1887
Marriage annotation:
She marries Luigi Turano on 10 October 1908.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 18/wQ9lkJY
Sgrignieri Carmenia born 10 January 1890
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 45/LD1eplq
Sgrignieri Marietta Lucia angiolina born 11 December 1893
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 48/wjQOYKv
Also adding the working link to Antonio’s birth in 1884:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 16/5x2pOoV
Sgrignieri Rosa Annunciata born 8 April 1887
Marriage annotation:
She marries Luigi Turano on 10 October 1908.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 18/wQ9lkJY
Sgrignieri Carmenia born 10 January 1890
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 45/LD1eplq
Sgrignieri Marietta Lucia angiolina born 11 December 1893
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 48/wjQOYKv
Also adding the working link to Antonio’s birth in 1884:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 16/5x2pOoV
Re: Scrignieri from Rose
And the marriage of Luigi Turano and Sgrignieri Rosa. 10 October 1908
Michele has already died. Therefore, he passed away between 1893 and 1908.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... Xn?lang=en
And the pubblicazioni:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 81/Lolzj2R
There’s a lot more to be found.
Michele has already died. Therefore, he passed away between 1893 and 1908.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... Xn?lang=en
And the pubblicazioni:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 81/Lolzj2R
There’s a lot more to be found.
Re: Scrignieri from Rose
Another Antonio was born before the second Antonio born in 1884.
He died on 25 March 1883, aged 3. #31
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 29/wRlRz2V
Rosaria, another sibling, died, aged 7, on 20 March 1883, few days before Antonio. #28
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 29/LD1g2QE
He died on 25 March 1883, aged 3. #31
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 29/wRlRz2V
Rosaria, another sibling, died, aged 7, on 20 March 1883, few days before Antonio. #28
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 29/LD1g2QE
Re: Scrignieri from Rose
Oh My. Thank you SO much for posting all of these links. You've given me a lot to look through and digest.
This is very kind of you to take the time to share it.
I am at work now, but I'll be revisiting the page as soon as I can find a bit of time off hours.
Joe
This is very kind of you to take the time to share it.
I am at work now, but I'll be revisiting the page as soon as I can find a bit of time off hours.
Joe
Re: Scrignieri from Rose
It’s ok Joe.
Happy digestion.
I think there’s more to be found.
Let us know once you’ve gone through all the acts.
Regards
Happy digestion.
I think there’s more to be found.
Let us know once you’ve gone through all the acts.
Regards

