Scrignieri from Rose

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Jtm4480
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Aug 2017, 12:48

Scrignieri from Rose

Post by Jtm4480 »

Hello,
Here in the United States, my Maternal Grandfather's name of Scrignieri is very uncommon. I have traced my great grandfather (Guiseppe Scrignieri, b. 1883) back to Rose, Cosenza. His father was Michael and his mother was Teresa De Rango.
I have no information about them or anyone further back.
Guiseppe appears to also have 3 younger siblings (Antonio, Carmella, & Mary Scrignieri)
I also know his siblings also emmigrated to the United States as they all have documents showing they lived in the states of Pennsylvania.

If anyone has information about this name in and around Rose, I would appreciate it.
Thank you

Joe
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Scrignieri from Rose

Post by Farassino »

Hi Joe,
I bumped on your request by chance. It’s almost a year old but if you’re still around give us a sign.
I found, only looking very briefly, something that may interest you and more could be found.
The original surname is Sgrignieri.
Jtm4480
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Aug 2017, 12:48

Re: Scrignieri from Rose

Post by Jtm4480 »

Thank you for reaching out Farassino.
It's a well known fact in America that when immigrants arrived and their names were recorded, the spelling was frequently butchered by the person writing down the names. I'm sure accents and unfamiliar names both contributed to this.
I appreciate you reaching out. This may help expand my search to open new doors.
Thank you very much.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Scrignieri from Rose

Post by Tessa78 »

Birth of sibling Antonio in Rose in 1884
(#83)
Father is Michele Sgrignieri, and mother is Teresina di Rango.
12657/an_ua35957216/

T.
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Scrignieri from Rose

Post by Farassino »

Hello Joe, welcome back.

This is Michele Sgrignieri and Teresa Rango Marriage act. 29 November 1875.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... Ge?lang=en

Michele, 28yo, son of Francesco and Chiara Borchetta (deceased)
Teresa, 23yo, born in Marano, daughter of Raffaele and Rosaria Cosentino
(both deceased)

Marriage banns:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... OB?lang=en
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Scrignieri from Rose

Post by Farassino »

Other Giuseppe’s Siblings

Sgrignieri Rosa Annunciata born 8 April 1887
Marriage annotation:
She marries Luigi Turano on 10 October 1908.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 18/wQ9lkJY

Sgrignieri Carmenia born 10 January 1890
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 45/LD1eplq

Sgrignieri Marietta Lucia angiolina born 11 December 1893
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 48/wjQOYKv


Also adding the working link to Antonio’s birth in 1884:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 16/5x2pOoV
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Scrignieri from Rose

Post by Farassino »

And the marriage of Luigi Turano and Sgrignieri Rosa. 10 October 1908
Michele has already died. Therefore, he passed away between 1893 and 1908.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... Xn?lang=en

And the pubblicazioni:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 81/Lolzj2R

There’s a lot more to be found.
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Scrignieri from Rose

Post by Farassino »

Another Antonio was born before the second Antonio born in 1884.
He died on 25 March 1883, aged 3. #31
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 29/wRlRz2V

Rosaria, another sibling, died, aged 7, on 20 March 1883, few days before Antonio. #28
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 29/LD1g2QE
Jtm4480
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 07 Aug 2017, 12:48

Re: Scrignieri from Rose

Post by Jtm4480 »

Oh My. Thank you SO much for posting all of these links. You've given me a lot to look through and digest.
This is very kind of you to take the time to share it.
I am at work now, but I'll be revisiting the page as soon as I can find a bit of time off hours.

Joe
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Scrignieri from Rose

Post by Farassino »

It’s ok Joe.
Happy digestion. :D

I think there’s more to be found.
Let us know once you’ve gone through all the acts.
Regards
Post Reply