Because of a Baptism record for my Great Grandfather Angelo Mattei, his parents were Giuseppe Luigi Mattei and Scolastica Maria Buscetta. My Great Grandfather immagrated to America back in 1907-1908.
I am hopeful to find out more about his sibblings and parents.
My Great Grandfather Angelo Mattei was Baptized in Arco, Trento on 16-4-1889
Thank you in advance for anyone who is able to help me research my Great Great Grandparents.
Colleen
I am looking for information Giuseppe Luigi Mattei
-
ColleenJaycee1
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 08 May 2025, 21:02
Re: I am looking for information Giuseppe Luigi Mattei
Buscetta doesn't seem to be a Northern surname.
Can you post the baptismal record?
Can you post the baptismal record?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: I am looking for information Giuseppe Luigi Mattei
I believe that he was born in Arce, Frosinone, Lazio.
On his marriage certificate from Suffolk County, NY, he lists his place of birth as "Arce, Italy"
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 0-97262-59
T.
On his marriage certificate from Suffolk County, NY, he lists his place of birth as "Arce, Italy"
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 0-97262-59
T.
Re: I am looking for information Giuseppe Luigi Mattei
Angelo Isaco Mattei was born in Arco, Trento on 15 April 1889.
His mother’s surname was Buratti and not Buscetta.
https://www.natitrentino.mondotrentino. ... int/784658
EDIT
I also found this family tree, maybe it’s yours.
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/GQQX-5ZT
There’s a bit of confusion. It think there are 3 Angelo Mattei in the mix.
The one on the 1907 ship manifest declares to be born in Varazze.
The one born in ARCE declares to be born on 8 February 1887 and his parents are Giuseppe and Maria and he married Lena Josephine Buono.
The one born in ARCO has the birth date you stated and his parents are Luigi and Scolastica. His siblings are also listed on the tree.
I checked some of them on Nati in Trentino and the dates match and the parents also.
So you need to choose which Angelo you want to follow.
His mother’s surname was Buratti and not Buscetta.
https://www.natitrentino.mondotrentino. ... int/784658
EDIT
I also found this family tree, maybe it’s yours.
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/GQQX-5ZT
There’s a bit of confusion. It think there are 3 Angelo Mattei in the mix.
The one on the 1907 ship manifest declares to be born in Varazze.
The one born in ARCE declares to be born on 8 February 1887 and his parents are Giuseppe and Maria and he married Lena Josephine Buono.
The one born in ARCO has the birth date you stated and his parents are Luigi and Scolastica. His siblings are also listed on the tree.
I checked some of them on Nati in Trentino and the dates match and the parents also.
So you need to choose which Angelo you want to follow.
