I am looking for information Giuseppe Luigi Mattei

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
ColleenJaycee1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 May 2025, 21:02

I am looking for information Giuseppe Luigi Mattei

Post by ColleenJaycee1 »

Because of a Baptism record for my Great Grandfather Angelo Mattei, his parents were Giuseppe Luigi Mattei and Scolastica Maria Buscetta. My Great Grandfather immagrated to America back in 1907-1908.
I am hopeful to find out more about his sibblings and parents.

My Great Grandfather Angelo Mattei was Baptized in Arco, Trento on 16-4-1889

Thank you in advance for anyone who is able to help me research my Great Great Grandparents.

Colleen
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5841
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: I am looking for information Giuseppe Luigi Mattei

Post by PippoM »

Buscetta doesn't seem to be a Northern surname.
Can you post the baptismal record?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: I am looking for information Giuseppe Luigi Mattei

Post by Tessa78 »

I believe that he was born in Arce, Frosinone, Lazio.
On his marriage certificate from Suffolk County, NY, he lists his place of birth as "Arce, Italy"
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 0-97262-59

T.
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: I am looking for information Giuseppe Luigi Mattei

Post by Farassino »

Angelo Isaco Mattei was born in Arco, Trento on 15 April 1889.
His mother’s surname was Buratti and not Buscetta.
https://www.natitrentino.mondotrentino. ... int/784658


EDIT
I also found this family tree, maybe it’s yours.
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/GQQX-5ZT

There’s a bit of confusion. It think there are 3 Angelo Mattei in the mix.
The one on the 1907 ship manifest declares to be born in Varazze.
The one born in ARCE declares to be born on 8 February 1887 and his parents are Giuseppe and Maria and he married Lena Josephine Buono.
The one born in ARCO has the birth date you stated and his parents are Luigi and Scolastica. His siblings are also listed on the tree.
I checked some of them on Nati in Trentino and the dates match and the parents also.

So you need to choose which Angelo you want to follow.
Post Reply