1850 Marriage document.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
ACM7
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 72
Joined: 30 Apr 2025, 22:09

1850 Marriage document.

Post by ACM7 »

I am looking for details listed on Raffaele Panza and Theresa Cozza's marriage document. I'd like to know more about their situation such as where they lived and occupations. Anything helps, thanks.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: 1850 Marriage document.

Post by mmogno »

Birth record for Raffaele Panza (4 November 1928)
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 54/LelGjno
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
ACM7
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 72
Joined: 30 Apr 2025, 22:09

Re: 1850 Marriage document.

Post by ACM7 »

mmogno wrote: 25 May 2025, 01:35 Birth record for Raffaele Panza (4 November 1928)
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 54/LelGjno
Oops! I forgot to link the document. Here is what I was referring to:

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 56/Lol2a9X

I'm hoping for a translation.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: 1850 Marriage document.

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

mmogno wrote: 25 May 2025, 01:35 Birth record for Raffaello Panza (4 November 1928)
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 54/LelGjno
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: 1850 Marriage document.

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

ACM7 wrote: 25 May 2025, 02:17
mmogno wrote: 25 May 2025, 01:35 Birth record for Raffaello Panza (4 November 1928)
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 54/LelGjno
Oops! I forgot to link the document. Here is what I was referring to:

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 56/Lol2a9X

I'm hoping for a translation.

Here are the pertinent details:

Date of Promise: 3 November 1850, San Pietro in Guarano

Married the same day in the Parish of Santa Maria in Gerusalemme

Appearing were:

Groom: Raffaello Panza, who had reached the age of maturity, 22 yo, born in this town, a contadino, living in Contrada Manco, son of Francesco Panza, a contadino, living in Contrada Manco, and of Innocenza Morelli, who lived with her husband.

Bride: Teresa Cozza, who had not yet reached the age of maturity, 21 yo, born in this town, living Contrada Timpone, the daughter of Pietro Cozza, a landowner, living Contrada Timpone, and of Fortunata Panza, living with her husband.

Angela
ACM7
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 72
Joined: 30 Apr 2025, 22:09

Re: 1850 Marriage document.

Post by ACM7 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote: 25 May 2025, 06:13 Here are the pertinent details:

Date of Promise: 3 November 1850, San Pietro in Guarano

Married the same day in the Parish of Santa Maria in Gerusalemme

Appearing were:

Groom: Raffaello Panza, who had reached the age of maturity, 22 yo, born in this town, a contadino, living in Contrada Manco, son of Francesco Panza, a contadino, living in Contrada Manco, and of Innocenza Morelli, who lived with her husband.

Bride: Teresa Cozza, who had not yet reached the age of maturity, 21 yo, born in this town, living Contrada Timpone, the daughter of Pietro Cozza, a landowner, living Contrada Timpone, and of Fortunata Panza, living with her husband.

Angela
Thanks a lot Angela, this was a big help.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: 1850 Marriage document.

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

@ACM7

Fantastic!!! Glad I could help this time. (I feel like I've redeemed myself now after not being able to identify your tricky birth town.)

Angela
Post Reply