Help with marriage record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Help with marriage record

Post by italian059 »

Would someone please translate this record. I am not sure I am reading some of the names correctly. I cannot post a link because I took this off Ancestry.com. It is for Melchiorre (sp) DiGiovanna. It is the 3rd record from the top on the left side of the page. Thanks so much. Any information would be appreciated.
Mary
Attachments
282e75ea-9d85-4904-b962-fd9f27612254.jpg
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help with marriage record

Post by erudita74 »

Mary

The document is virtually impossible to read but I can read Jan 10, but not sure of the year. Sorry. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Erudita
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Re: Help with marriage record

Post by italian059 »

Thanks anyway. It is on Ancestry and I can't figure out a way to make it legible.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Help with marriage record

Post by mmogno »

Where and when did the wedding take place?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Re: Help with marriage record

Post by italian059 »

It is June 10, 1678 in Sambuca. I tried to change the format. Please see if this is better to read. Thanks so much.
Attachments
Melchiorre DiGiovanna.jpg
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Re: Help with marriage record

Post by italian059 »

Sorry, I meant January 10, 1678
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Help with marriage record

Post by mmogno »

10 January 1678
Groom: Melchiorre de Joanna, son of the late Gerolamo de Joanna and Francesca de Maijo, once a married couple.
Bride: Maria Saladino, daughter of Antonio Saladino and Leonarda Mangiaracina, married couple from Sambuca.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Re: Help with marriage record

Post by italian059 »

Thank you so much
Post Reply