Would someone please translate this record. I am mainly having trouble with the names but would appreciate a translation of the whole record. It is #355 on the left side of the page.
Thanks so much,
Mary
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... g=en&i=388
Help with marriage record for Mattheo Briganti
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help with marriage record for Mattheo Briganti
Until someone can verify... here is what I see:
Matteo Briganti's parents are Paolo Briganti and Grazia Salemi
Arcangela Pomilla's parents are Biagio Pomilla and Nicolina Nicastro
Also mentioned are (Witnesses? = the names appear in several records) Michelangelo Faija(?) and Leoneluca Panipinto.
T.
Matteo Briganti's parents are Paolo Briganti and Grazia Salemi
Arcangela Pomilla's parents are Biagio Pomilla and Nicolina Nicastro
Also mentioned are (Witnesses? = the names appear in several records) Michelangelo Faija(?) and Leoneluca Panipinto.
T.
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help with marriage record for Mattheo Briganti
Thank you so much. I have a Biagio Pomilla and a Nicolina di Frisco already in my tree. Others on Ancestry.com have listed them as the parents. I was trying to find Arcangela’s baptismal just to verify and see what is says but am unable to locate. Any suggestions? Thanks again. Mary
Re: Help with marriage record for Mattheo Briganti
Mary
I had a chance several days ago to go through baptism indices for Corleone and didn’t find Archangela listed in the baptismal indices there. I suggest that you look through some of the indices for the churches in other towns in the diocese. Bear in mind, that first time brides in Sicily were often very young, even as young as 12. So she could have been born even in the first few years of the 1800s, since the marriage took place in 1815. The record reads that the parents were married couples of this town, but Archangela could still have been baptized somewhere else.
Erudita
I had a chance several days ago to go through baptism indices for Corleone and didn’t find Archangela listed in the baptismal indices there. I suggest that you look through some of the indices for the churches in other towns in the diocese. Bear in mind, that first time brides in Sicily were often very young, even as young as 12. So she could have been born even in the first few years of the 1800s, since the marriage took place in 1815. The record reads that the parents were married couples of this town, but Archangela could still have been baptized somewhere else.
Erudita
Re: Help with marriage record for Mattheo Briganti
Tessa78 wrote: 14 Jun 2025, 16:18 Until someone can verify... here is what I see:
1st October 1815
Matteo Briganti's parents are Paolo Briganti and Grazia Salemi
Arcangela Pomilla's parents are Biagio Pomilla and Nicolina Nicastro
Also mentioned are (Witnesses? = the names appear in several records) Michelangelo Faija(?) and Leoneluca Panipinto.
T.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Help with marriage record for Mattheo Briganti
Mary
There is an Archangela di Puma born to Biagio di Puma and Nicolina di Frisco. Baptism record is on folio 42, left side bottom record, Corleone baptisms 1791 to 1801. Image 350 of 472. Have you been able to prove that Biagio di Puma’s surname changed in spelling to Pomilla at some point? I recall you raised the possibility. Interesting is that, in his 1796 marriage to Nicolina di Frisco, her mother Arcangela’s surname was Castro not Nicastro.
Erudita
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 15&lang=en
There is an Archangela di Puma born to Biagio di Puma and Nicolina di Frisco. Baptism record is on folio 42, left side bottom record, Corleone baptisms 1791 to 1801. Image 350 of 472. Have you been able to prove that Biagio di Puma’s surname changed in spelling to Pomilla at some point? I recall you raised the possibility. Interesting is that, in his 1796 marriage to Nicolina di Frisco, her mother Arcangela’s surname was Castro not Nicastro.
Erudita
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 15&lang=en
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Help with marriage record for Mattheo Briganti
Erudita,
I saw that record and do believe that is Arcangela. This is Biagio's Baptismal. It reads Puma, Pomilla on it. Last record on left side of page. What do you think? Thanks so much for all your research. I really do appreciate it.
Mary
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
I saw that record and do believe that is Arcangela. This is Biagio's Baptismal. It reads Puma, Pomilla on it. Last record on left side of page. What do you think? Thanks so much for all your research. I really do appreciate it.
Mary
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915