Fonti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
dmacbob
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Jun 2025, 01:39

Fonti

Post by dmacbob »

I am looking for information about Giuseppe Fonti (b 1860) in Premia. His father's name was Filipo but I can't find his mother. He was married to Giulia Callarina Maria Alborghetti on 17 December 1882. They had one son born in Italy before they emigrated to the US. His name was Remigius Angelino and he was born in Domodossola, Pietmonte, Italy on 17 September 1883.
I am a direct descendant of this family.
Thank you.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Fonti

Post by Tessa78 »

In Premia the surname is Fanti, with an "a."

There are many years missing, but this is POSSIBLY a sister?
Angela Maria Fanti
Born in 1866 in Premia. #3
Father: Filippo Fanti, 34, peasant farmer.
Mother: Celestina Giulianetti, 29, his wife.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 74/57nZ68P

And perhaps a brother?
Giacomo Cesare Fanti
Born 1875 in Premia #36
Same parents.
Also an annotation of marriage in Premia with Domenica Maria Penazzi. On 20 January 1900
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 74/0AE9QlD

I am unable to locate the 1883 birth in Domodossola that you referenced. I checked years 1882 through 1885.

T.
dmacbob
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Jun 2025, 01:39

Re: Fonti

Post by dmacbob »

Thank you so much for the response. I had seen the name Celestina Giulianetti before but some things didn't seem to line up for me. This morning I got a call from the parish priest where he was a member, and he said in the death record that same name was listed as his mother! I'm so grateful that I have two sources now, and will continue to try to connect the dots!
Thanks so much!
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Fonti

Post by Farassino »

Remigio Angelino Fanti in not in the 1886-1895 Domodossola decennial index either.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... bQ?lang=en

From what source did you read that he was born in Domodossola?

Was it from this family tree?
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/L6RX-DQQ
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Fonti

Post by Farassino »

Just as I thought.
Remiggio Angelo Fanti was born in Premia and not in Domodossola.
The date you provided is correct.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 75/LNlOEE7
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Fonti

Post by Farassino »

Further confirmation of Giuseppe Fanti’s parents.
Here’s his marriage with Giulia Alborghetti.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 61/wEKk8WX
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Fonti

Post by Tessa78 »

dmacbob wrote: 29 Jun 2025, 01:44 I am looking for information about Giuseppe Fonti (b 1860) in Premia. His father's name was Filipo but I can't find his mother. He was married to Giulia Callarina Maria Alborghetti on 17 December 1882. They had one son born in Italy before they emigrated to the US. His name was Remigius Angelino and he was born in Domodossola, Pietmonte, Italy on 17 September 1883.
I am a direct descendant of this family.
Thank you.
The marriage posted by Farassino :D shows a marriage date of 31 December 1882

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Fonti

Post by Tessa78 »

Farassino wrote: 02 Jul 2025, 19:08 Just as I thought.
Remiggio Angelo Fanti was born in Premia and not in Domodossola.
The date you provided is correct.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 75/LNlOEE7
Actually, he was born on the 18th... :D

T.
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Fonti

Post by Farassino »

Tessa78 wrote: 03 Jul 2025, 00:38
Farassino wrote: 02 Jul 2025, 19:08 Just as I thought.
Remiggio Angelo Fanti was born in Premia and not in Domodossola.
The date you provided is correct.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 75/LNlOEE7
Actually, he was born on the 18th... :D

T.

Indeed he was! :oops:
dmacbob
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Jun 2025, 01:39

Re: Fonti

Post by dmacbob »

I didn't see my response in the thread but thank you two so much for the help!
Danip
Elite
Elite
Posts: 295
Joined: 29 Aug 2024, 14:52

Re: Fonti

Post by Danip »

If you need other researches, I could help you doing these researches in Premia, I have a good knowledge of that zone because I went there for many years.
I give you further informations in private.
Post Reply