I am looking for information about Giuseppe Fonti (b 1860) in Premia. His father's name was Filipo but I can't find his mother. He was married to Giulia Callarina Maria Alborghetti on 17 December 1882. They had one son born in Italy before they emigrated to the US. His name was Remigius Angelino and he was born in Domodossola, Pietmonte, Italy on 17 September 1883.
I am a direct descendant of this family.
Thank you.
Fonti
Re: Fonti
In Premia the surname is Fanti, with an "a."
There are many years missing, but this is POSSIBLY a sister?
Angela Maria Fanti
Born in 1866 in Premia. #3
Father: Filippo Fanti, 34, peasant farmer.
Mother: Celestina Giulianetti, 29, his wife.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 74/57nZ68P
And perhaps a brother?
Giacomo Cesare Fanti
Born 1875 in Premia #36
Same parents.
Also an annotation of marriage in Premia with Domenica Maria Penazzi. On 20 January 1900
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 74/0AE9QlD
I am unable to locate the 1883 birth in Domodossola that you referenced. I checked years 1882 through 1885.
T.
There are many years missing, but this is POSSIBLY a sister?
Angela Maria Fanti
Born in 1866 in Premia. #3
Father: Filippo Fanti, 34, peasant farmer.
Mother: Celestina Giulianetti, 29, his wife.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 74/57nZ68P
And perhaps a brother?
Giacomo Cesare Fanti
Born 1875 in Premia #36
Same parents.
Also an annotation of marriage in Premia with Domenica Maria Penazzi. On 20 January 1900
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 74/0AE9QlD
I am unable to locate the 1883 birth in Domodossola that you referenced. I checked years 1882 through 1885.
T.
Re: Fonti
Thank you so much for the response. I had seen the name Celestina Giulianetti before but some things didn't seem to line up for me. This morning I got a call from the parish priest where he was a member, and he said in the death record that same name was listed as his mother! I'm so grateful that I have two sources now, and will continue to try to connect the dots!
Thanks so much!
Thanks so much!
Re: Fonti
Remigio Angelino Fanti in not in the 1886-1895 Domodossola decennial index either.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... bQ?lang=en
From what source did you read that he was born in Domodossola?
Was it from this family tree?
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/L6RX-DQQ
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... bQ?lang=en
From what source did you read that he was born in Domodossola?
Was it from this family tree?
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/L6RX-DQQ
Re: Fonti
Just as I thought.
Remiggio Angelo Fanti was born in Premia and not in Domodossola.
The date you provided is correct.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 75/LNlOEE7
Remiggio Angelo Fanti was born in Premia and not in Domodossola.
The date you provided is correct.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 75/LNlOEE7
Re: Fonti
Further confirmation of Giuseppe Fanti’s parents.
Here’s his marriage with Giulia Alborghetti.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 61/wEKk8WX
Here’s his marriage with Giulia Alborghetti.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 61/wEKk8WX
Re: Fonti
The marriage posted by Farassinodmacbob wrote: 29 Jun 2025, 01:44 I am looking for information about Giuseppe Fonti (b 1860) in Premia. His father's name was Filipo but I can't find his mother. He was married to Giulia Callarina Maria Alborghetti on 17 December 1882. They had one son born in Italy before they emigrated to the US. His name was Remigius Angelino and he was born in Domodossola, Pietmonte, Italy on 17 September 1883.
I am a direct descendant of this family.
Thank you.
T.
Re: Fonti
Actually, he was born on the 18th...Farassino wrote: 02 Jul 2025, 19:08 Just as I thought.
Remiggio Angelo Fanti was born in Premia and not in Domodossola.
The date you provided is correct.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 75/LNlOEE7
T.
Re: Fonti
Tessa78 wrote: 03 Jul 2025, 00:38Actually, he was born on the 18th...Farassino wrote: 02 Jul 2025, 19:08 Just as I thought.
Remiggio Angelo Fanti was born in Premia and not in Domodossola.
The date you provided is correct.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 75/LNlOEE7![]()
T.
Indeed he was!


