Ricchios!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
_sciulli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 May 2025, 19:28

Ricchios!

Post by _sciulli »

All. I’m looking for some more on my great grandfather. I’ve always known him as Antonio Ricchio. From Cerisano. I’m trying to find the names of his parents. I think he was born around 1886 in Cerisano. I’d ask his son, my grandpa who’s currently 101 (James Vincenzo) but I don’t think he knows much. Birth record??? Thanks
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Ricchios!

Post by Farassino »

Hi,
There is an Antonio Ricchio born on 17 October 1886. #63
Parents were Vincenzo (fu Domenico) 32yo and Rosa Marino (fu Michele)
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... QW?lang=en

Vincenzo and Rosa wedding on 21 July 1877
Mothers:
Vincenzo’s was Angiola Giorno (deceased)
Rosa’s was Caterina Mannarino
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 41/0491MW9
_sciulli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 May 2025, 19:28

Re: Ricchios!

Post by _sciulli »

Thanks so much!
_sciulli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 May 2025, 19:28

Re: Ricchios!

Post by _sciulli »

Could there be anything on when Vincenzo and Rosa passed away? I can't find anything. Also, is there something I am missing when I search the ancestors portal? When I put in a specific name I get zero results
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Ricchios!

Post by mmogno »

Birth record for Vincenzo Ricchio. Dob 22 Jan 1851.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 83/wbVbzv4

Birth record for Domenico Ricchio. Dob 27 Nov 1809
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 09/5d6v1eK
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
_sciulli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 May 2025, 19:28

Re: Ricchios!

Post by _sciulli »

thanks so much could there be anything out there for domenicos wife/vincenzo mother angiola giorno?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Ricchios!

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the marriage of Domenico Ricchio and Angela Giorno in 1834
#9
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 51/wX8qW11

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Ricchios!

Post by Tessa78 »

And... within the marriage Processetti

Here is the extract of the birth act of Teresa Angela Giorno.
Born 10 October 1813 in Cerisano
Father: Vincenzo Giorno, 42, laborer
Mother: Chiara Rosa Occhiuto(?)
Child given the name Teresa Angela.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 48/58EzGyb

T.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Ricchios!

Post by mmogno »

Birth act of Teresa Angela Giorno.
Born 9 October 1813 in Cerisano.
Father: Vincenzo Giorno, 42, laborer.
Mother: Chiara Rosa Occhiuto, 35, spinner.
Child given the name Teresa Angela.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 31/03AgWgR
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
_sciulli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 May 2025, 19:28

Re: Ricchios!

Post by _sciulli »

Amazing thank you all so much! I now almost have 6 generations on my mothers side done. What is a "Processetti" though?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Ricchios!

Post by Tessa78 »

_sciulli wrote: 14 Aug 2025, 18:29 Amazing thank you all so much! I now almost have 6 generations on my mothers side done. What is a "Processetti" though?
It was the collection of documents that were presented for the marriage.
For example: the extracts birth acts of the bride and groom, the death acts of fathers or grandfathers of the spouses, a death act of a deceased spouse, the certificate of notification resulting in no opposition to the marriage, etc.

T.
Post Reply