2 birth records for translation
2 birth records for translation
Hi
Can you please translate 2 birth records for the following
Giuseppe Candida – number 18
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 06/04EPeK9
Beatrice Mongelli – number 1410
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 8S&lang=en
Thank you
Can you please translate 2 birth records for the following
Giuseppe Candida – number 18
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 06/04EPeK9
Beatrice Mongelli – number 1410
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 8S&lang=en
Thank you
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: 2 birth records for translation
Birth No 18: Giuseppe Candida
Registered in Molfetta: 2 January 1899
Annotation: On 25 October 1924, Act No 369, in Molfetta marries with Beatrice Mongelli
Appearing was Mauro Candida, 48 yo, watchmaker, living in Molfetta, He reported that at 3 am on 1 January 1899, in the house in Via Magenta, No 16, from Anna Maria Turtur, a casalinga, his wife, living with him, was born a baby of male sex, who he presented to the official, and gave the name of Giuseppe.
Angela
Registered in Molfetta: 2 January 1899
Annotation: On 25 October 1924, Act No 369, in Molfetta marries with Beatrice Mongelli
Appearing was Mauro Candida, 48 yo, watchmaker, living in Molfetta, He reported that at 3 am on 1 January 1899, in the house in Via Magenta, No 16, from Anna Maria Turtur, a casalinga, his wife, living with him, was born a baby of male sex, who he presented to the official, and gave the name of Giuseppe.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: 2 birth records for translation
Birth No 1410: Beatrice Mongelli
(Annotation: On 25 October 1924, No 369, in Molfetta, marries with Giuseppe Candida (mis-spelt Candita), son of deceased Mauro)
Birth Registered in Molfetta on 22 November 1902
Appearing was Mauro Giuseppe Mongelli, 27 yo, a contadino, living in Molfetta. He reported that at 4 pm on 20 of the current month (20 November 1902), in the house in Via Alberto Mario, No 13, from Chiara Germinario, a casalinga (housewife/domestic duties), his wife, living with him, was born a baby of female sex who he presented and gave the name of Beatrice.
Angela
(Annotation: On 25 October 1924, No 369, in Molfetta, marries with Giuseppe Candida (mis-spelt Candita), son of deceased Mauro)
Birth Registered in Molfetta on 22 November 1902
Appearing was Mauro Giuseppe Mongelli, 27 yo, a contadino, living in Molfetta. He reported that at 4 pm on 20 of the current month (20 November 1902), in the house in Via Alberto Mario, No 13, from Chiara Germinario, a casalinga (housewife/domestic duties), his wife, living with him, was born a baby of female sex who he presented and gave the name of Beatrice.
Angela
Re: 2 birth records for translation
thank you so much Angela 
Re: 2 birth records for translation
Hi Angela,
Could you please translate the birth record for Antonia Candida number 101, sister to the above Giuseppe Candida.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 93/wrYzA9X
Thank you
Could you please translate the birth record for Antonia Candida number 101, sister to the above Giuseppe Candida.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 93/wrYzA9X
Thank you
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: 2 birth records for translation
Here it is:
Birth No 101: Antonia Candida
Registered in Molfetta on 8 January 1897
Appearing was Mauro Candida, 46 yo, orologiaro (watchmaker), living in Molfetta. He reported that at 11.30 pm on 7 of the current month, (7 January 1897), in the house in Via Paradiso, No 22, from Anna Maria Turtur, a proprietaria (land owner), his wife, living with him, was born a baby of female sex whom he presented to the official and gave the name of Antonia.
Angela
Birth No 101: Antonia Candida
Registered in Molfetta on 8 January 1897
Appearing was Mauro Candida, 46 yo, orologiaro (watchmaker), living in Molfetta. He reported that at 11.30 pm on 7 of the current month, (7 January 1897), in the house in Via Paradiso, No 22, from Anna Maria Turtur, a proprietaria (land owner), his wife, living with him, was born a baby of female sex whom he presented to the official and gave the name of Antonia.
Angela
Re: 2 birth records for translation
Thank you very very much Angela 
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: 2 birth records for translation
Thought you might be interested in searchng the following addresses:
Via Alberto Mario 13, 70056 Molfetta BA, Italia
Via Magenta 16, 70056 Molfetta BA, Italia
Via Paradiso 22, 70056 Molfetta BA, Italia
It looks like the the buildings are still there if you wanted to get a pic of them - basically just the front doors. For some reason I can't get a link to them? Not sure why, but you can play around with it if you want.
Angela
Re: 2 birth records for translation
That is such a great idea Angela, I looked them up on google maps - I would like to think that we have walked these streets, but I think not as they look out of the way of any current relatives that we have visited.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: 2 birth records for translation
Great. Glad you were able to locate those streets on google maps. For some reason I was having issues posting the three links to the maps and the buildings.Candida wrote: 13 Oct 2025, 07:33 That is such a great idea Angela, I looked them up on google maps - I would like to think that we have walked these streets, but I think not as they look out of the way of any current relatives that we have visited.
I hadn't realised you had been to Molfetta. Did you by any chance visit the Town Hall while you were there or the cemetery. Not sure if you have seen the following thread, posted by another forum member: https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic/56552 Just thought I'd mention the thread in case you hadn't seen it already - you may have some helpful tips you might like to share with him - if not on the forum, you could also send a pm, if it worked for you ... you may even be related
Angela
Re: 2 birth records for translation
Hi Angela,
Thank you for the link, I had not seen it.
When we visited the last time I had our family tree in paper form, everyone was amazed and we updated it where we could, but I have come to realise that not everyone has a passion or the time to know their history. Through the translation of records from this forum I now know that our family has lived in Molfetta since the 1700's.
The cemetery is difficult to navigate as a visiting distant relative found out last year. (I'll leave it at that!)
As I cannot speak the language, I have not visited the Town Hall but I will next visit and drag along one of our many english speaking cousins!
Thank you for your help once again Angela
Thank you for the link, I had not seen it.
When we visited the last time I had our family tree in paper form, everyone was amazed and we updated it where we could, but I have come to realise that not everyone has a passion or the time to know their history. Through the translation of records from this forum I now know that our family has lived in Molfetta since the 1700's.
The cemetery is difficult to navigate as a visiting distant relative found out last year. (I'll leave it at that!)
As I cannot speak the language, I have not visited the Town Hall but I will next visit and drag along one of our many english speaking cousins!
Thank you for your help once again Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: 2 birth records for translation
Thanks for getting back to me Candida, about your experience, and also your cousins, visiting Molfetta.
And of course you are always very welcome for the help.
Take care.
Angela
And of course you are always very welcome for the help.
Take care.
Angela
