Cantanzaro Research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
jmazzu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Nov 2019, 01:31

Cantanzaro Research

Post by jmazzu »

I am researching my family in Cantanzaro Italy. I have used the antenati.cultura.gov website to review records. However, these records are only from 1809 to 1865. I am looking for baptism records after 1865. Can someone tell me where I can find these records. All the available records have been posted on Antinati.cultura.gov. The FAQ say to contact the historical archive of the municpality directly. I am not sure what that means. Any help is appreciated.

Julie Mazzu
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Cantanzaro Research

Post by darkerhorse »

Do you mean Catanzaro in Calabria?
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Cantanzaro Research

Post by PippoM »

For the town of Catanzaro you can find post-1865 records on FamilySearch.org:

https://www.familysearch.org/it/search/ ... oha:629316

Or are you looking for records in the province of Catanzaro?
You might be able to find records for them there, too.
However, you can't find baptismal (church) records on Antenati; you will find only civil records there.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
jmazzu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Nov 2019, 01:31

Re: Cantanzaro Research

Post by jmazzu »

Yes. Catanzaro in Calbria. Specifically Cortale. I am researching the Bilotta family and would like to find more information after 1865.
jmazzu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Nov 2019, 01:31

Re: Cantanzaro Research

Post by jmazzu »

Thank you are looked there and I am interested in Cortale in Catanzaro. I did not see Cortale listed.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Cantanzaro Research

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Post Reply