Help transcribe record
Help transcribe record
I recently found what I think is my great grandfather's birth record and am having trouble reading the handwriting. I would be grateful for any help.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help transcribe record
Welcome to the forum.
Birth No 150: Antonio Caristo
Registered in Caulonia on 13 June 1901
Appearing before the official was Giuseppe Caristo, son of the deceased Domenico, 31 yo possidente (landowner), living in Caulonia. He reported that at 1.30 am on 13 of the current month (ie today), in the house in Borgata San Nicola, No 25, from his legitimate wife, living with him, Carmela Piceionere, 29 yo, filatrice (spinner), daughter of Vincenzo, was born a male baby who he presented to the official, and gave the name of Antonio.
The other names mentioned there are of those witnessing the birth registration.
Just want to mention that, when you have it, we prefer the online link to the record you are requiring translation for, not a screenshot. Thank you.
Angela
Birth No 150: Antonio Caristo
Registered in Caulonia on 13 June 1901
Appearing before the official was Giuseppe Caristo, son of the deceased Domenico, 31 yo possidente (landowner), living in Caulonia. He reported that at 1.30 am on 13 of the current month (ie today), in the house in Borgata San Nicola, No 25, from his legitimate wife, living with him, Carmela Piceionere, 29 yo, filatrice (spinner), daughter of Vincenzo, was born a male baby who he presented to the official, and gave the name of Antonio.
The other names mentioned there are of those witnessing the birth registration.
Just want to mention that, when you have it, we prefer the online link to the record you are requiring translation for, not a screenshot. Thank you.
Angela
Re: Help transcribe record
@AngelaGrace56
Carmela Piscioneri, non Piceionere.
Carmela Piscioneri, non Piceionere.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Help transcribe record
Thanks for catching my typo. Yes, I know it is Piscioneri. What I had originally written was Piseioneri and then wondered how you would pronounce such a name, so rechecked the record, and saw it was in fact Piscioneri. I thought I'd corrected it but I did so incorrectly. Thanks again.
Angela
