Marriage Record Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
tarheel56
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 161
Joined: 11 Jan 2019, 22:12

Marriage Record Translation

Post by tarheel56 »

Hi. I need a whole marriage record translation for Joannes Paulus Novello-Anna Lucia on the bottom left page:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 14&lang=en

Thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2026-04-12 at 12.23.36 PM.jpg
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Marriage Record Translation

Post by erudita74 »

This record is from the parish of Castellamonte in Torino.

I see reference to the three banns which should have resulted in no impediments to the marriage but don’t see the specific dates for those banns. I also don’t see the bride’s surname in the record. I see two witnesses listed at the bottom. Don* (*title) lawyer Giovanni Giacomo Beardo and Carlo (surname maybe Brusso found in the town). I see the date Jan 19, 1706, but in the margin the date of Sept 2, 1706 with reference to the archdiocese, I believe, so possibly the latter date is when the archdiocese reviewed the document and not the marriage date?

Hopefully someone else can more accurately decipher this document.
Erudita
Danip
Elite
Elite
Posts: 295
Joined: 29 Aug 2024, 14:52

Re: Marriage Record Translation

Post by Danip »

The bride's surname seems like Menta.
tarheel56
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 161
Joined: 11 Jan 2019, 22:12

Re: Marriage Record Translation

Post by tarheel56 »

Thanks to both of you 👍🏼
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Marriage Record Translation

Post by erudita74 »

As always, happy to help you.
Erudita
Post Reply