I found this index entry on the AnteNati website for Cortale, Cantanzaro. Can someone tell me if entry number 7 is Guiseppe Bilotta?
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 49/0Zo81n6
If so, could I get help translating the actual record which I believe is this link:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 49/5K1WpXj
Thank You
Julie
Ita
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Ita
Yes, entry No 7 is for Giuseppe Bilotta, but you have linked us to the wrong record. His Birth Registration No is not 7. That number 7 is basically keeping a tally of the records. If you look closely you’ll see that the index is set up in alphabetical order of surname. If you look at the fourth column “Giorno della nascita” (“Day of birth”) you’ll see that he was born on 7 March so you need to search this year by date of birth).
Birth No 30: Giuseppe Bilotta:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 49/5g3abdK
I haven’t got time to translate it at the moment but if no one else does will come back later in the day.
Angela
Birth No 30: Giuseppe Bilotta:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 49/5g3abdK
I haven’t got time to translate it at the moment but if no one else does will come back later in the day.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Ita
Here is the translation. The script sure is something so it might need a tweak or two.
Birth No 30: Giuseppe Bilotta:
Registered in Cortale on 8 March 1852
Appearing was Francesco Bilotta ....?, 30 yo, Forese (countryman, farmer, agriculture hand labourer) living in Cortale, District of Donnafiore. He presented a male baby who he reported was born from Maria Cirarso?, his wife, 30 yo, and from himself the, declarant, details as above. The baby was born on 7 March 1852 and was given the name of Giuseppe. He was baptised on 8 March 1852 in the church of Santa Maria Cattolica – I think. It looks to be abbreviated “S M C” or not?.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 49/5g3abdK
Angela
Birth No 30: Giuseppe Bilotta:
Registered in Cortale on 8 March 1852
Appearing was Francesco Bilotta ....?, 30 yo, Forese (countryman, farmer, agriculture hand labourer) living in Cortale, District of Donnafiore. He presented a male baby who he reported was born from Maria Cirarso?, his wife, 30 yo, and from himself the, declarant, details as above. The baby was born on 7 March 1852 and was given the name of Giuseppe. He was baptised on 8 March 1852 in the church of Santa Maria Cattolica – I think. It looks to be abbreviated “S M C” or not?.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 49/5g3abdK
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Ita
You are very welcome for the help.
Angela
Angela
Re: Ita
AngelaGrace56 wrote: 12 May 2026, 08:23 Here is the translation. The script sure is something so it might need a tweak or two.
Birth No 30: Giuseppe Bilotta:
Registered in Cortale on 8 March 1852
Appearing was Francesco Bilotta Mosca?, 30 yo, Forese (countryman, farmer, agriculture hand labourer) living in Cortale, rione Donnafiori. He presented a male baby who he reported was born from Maria Cirarso?, his wife, 30 yo, and from himself the, declarant, details as above. The baby was born on 7 March 1852 and was given the name of Giuseppe. He was baptised on 8 March 1852 in the church of Santa Maria Cattolica – I think. It looks to be abbreviated “S M C” or not?.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 49/5g3abdK
Angela
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Ita
@mmogno
Thank you for checking over this and making the necessary alterations.
Yes, I was reading Mosca too, but I grew up understanding “na mosca” was “a fly”. So in this case it is a double surname - maybe?
Also, I translated the word “rione” to “District”.
I can see now that the name reads Donnafiori with an "i" at the end.
I hope all is well, G. It’s been a while since we have crossed paths on the forum.
Angela
Thank you for checking over this and making the necessary alterations.
Yes, I was reading Mosca too, but I grew up understanding “na mosca” was “a fly”. So in this case it is a double surname - maybe?
Also, I translated the word “rione” to “District”.
I can see now that the name reads Donnafiori with an "i" at the end.
I hope all is well, G. It’s been a while since we have crossed paths on the forum.
Angela
